Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

hitw used to have a proper beer brewed for them by Rascals I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Barn Door IPA from Dot Brew.

Its an easy drinking "IPA" slightly on the hazy side.
    Not as harsh as other hazy beers and strong hitter at 6.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Malafemmena DIPA. Collab with White Hag and Johnny's Off Licence in Rome, 10/10 lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Lervig Barrel Aged 3 Bean Stout - 12%. My Jesus, this is incredible... up there with the best I’ve ever had. Will be buying more and more of this. Immense stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Lervig Barrel Aged 3 Bean Stout - 12%. My Jesus, this is incredible... up there with the best I’ve ever had. Will be buying more and more of this. Immense stuff.

It's constantly sold out whenever I've gone to grab it. Lervig are an astounding brewery.

Have you ever had Sirens Breakfast stout? That's my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

On cans of Blow Out from Mikkeller tonight

Nice dry hopped IPA

It's constantly sold out whenever I've gone to grab it. Lervig are an astounding brewery.

Have you ever had Sirens Breakfast stout? That's my favourite.

Is that Broken Dream or one of the other ones?

Had to check my Untappd! Have had it twice and loved it!

Lineman Gigantic
    Lineman Astral Grains
    Wicklow Wolf S’mores
    Wicklow Wolf Pointy Shoes
    Lervig Barrel Aged 3 Bean Stout...

...all available in Pettitts Supervalu in Wexford town... superb off-licence ran by whomever there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

A stone cold slayer from Brewdog.

Bit more character than Punk, refreshing,
    just slightly too much bitter aftertaste to be perfect.

Still very enjoyable especially at 7 odd in Tesco for four can pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

On the other side - east coast IPA

&

Anti-Establishment IPA

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Growler of Pilgrim's Path tonight, brewed by 8 Degrees, poured by the good gentlemen at Mother Mac's in Limerick.

I'm not usually a lager fan, but this pilsner is a good'un.

Growler of Pilgrim's Path tonight, brewed by 8 Degrees, poured by the good gentlemen at Mother Mac's in Limerick.

I'm not usually a lager fan, but this pilsner is a good'un.

Always on the lookout for a decent pilsner, especially an Irish one. Cheers for that. 8 degrees have never clicked with me so will give it a bash.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a spectacularly good beer. Craft Central have two barrel aged editions of it, one bourbon and one rum. Only problem is that they're over €15 each for a 330ml can. I don't mind spending what some would class as over the odds for good beers, but how much better than the €6.50 regular 3 Bean Stout can these be to justify that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Bought a few, to help me get through the week ahead...

Founders All Day, White Hag Little Fawn, or Wicklow Wolf's Eden - for the longer sittings.

Liberty Ale from Anchor Brewing is a great beer, bit of a unique after taste, almost like a slight spice or something, under the malt and hops.

Also picked up a few cans of Elvis Juice, while it's on offer. Tasty enough, for something with a bit more of a kick to it.

Finally, got a few of the Voodoo Ranger beers to try. Have never had any of them, so looking forward to trying something new.

Thanks,

G.

I always find it a bit harsh compared to something like samuel smiths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got this silly thing lined up for later

EjzC8sAWAAI5aqm?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DilD wrote: »
    I'm presuming the Brewdog X Aldi collab won't make its way over here...

I see Aldi Ireland are now starting to stock their Brewdog knock-offs so we may yet see it. I picked up a few cans of the Elvis Juice knock-off today, they had already sold out of punk-ipa one

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still working through the crate of Kinnegar I got a few weeks ago. Have a can of the apple tart sour and the black rye IPA in the fridge for later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Still working through the crate of Kinnegar I got a few weeks ago. Have a can of the apple tart sour and the black rye IPA in the fridge for later.

Black Bucket is fantastic, really great beer. Would love to see a lower alc version as I can't be drinking loads of them at 6.5%.

Blacks one is nice, though not as nice as the black bucket, but it’s 5%.

Zaph wrote: »
    It's a spectacularly good beer. Craft Central have two barrel aged editions of it, one bourbon and one rum. Only problem is that they're over €15 each for a 330ml can. I don't mind spending what some would class as over the odds for good beers, but how much better than the €6.50 regular 3 Bean Stout can these be to justify that price?

€10.50 for the barrel aged 3 bean stout in Pettitts in Wexford town. The same beer is almost €5 more expensive in Craft Central. https://craftcentral.ie/products/lervig-bourbon-barrel-3-bean-stout-barrel-aged-imperial-stout-330ml-can-12-abv?variant=32879360933923

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Had a bunch of Mescal's offerings. Wow! What a superb brewery. Highlights have to be their Special Reserve & Red Trippel.

I think I've checked in all but three of their normal offerings on Untappd. Only missing Saison (which I have a bottle of), lager, lambik.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

irish_goat wrote: »
    Black Bucket is fantastic, really great beer. Would love to see a lower alc version as I can't be drinking loads of them at 6.5%.

It was actually Rust Bucket I had put into the fridge (their red rye IPA) and that was gorgeous, I have the black bucket lined up for next weekend now instead. (I don't like to drink on school nights :pac:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It was actually Rust Bucket I had put into the fridge (their red rye IPA) and that was gorgeous, I have the black bucket lined up for next weekend now instead. (I don't like to drink on school nights :pac:)

Not to be pedantic, but their red rye IPA is Bucket Brigade. Rustbucket is their core rye IPA. :P

rsz_kinnegarpct20bucketpct20brigade-634x634.png

Too many damn ryes :D

Pretty sure it was bucket brigade I had then, think I had rust bucket a week or two ago and it was grand but not one I'd go out of my way to drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Blacks one is nice, though not as nice as the black bucket, but it’s 5%.
    I don't mind Blacks either, but really miss the Carrig Coalface. Bru don't seem to have any plans to do it.

Pretty much doesn't seem to be the consumer interest in non-Stout black beers, which is a real shame imo!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Pretty much doesn't seem to be the consumer interest in non-Stout black beers, which is a real shame imo!
    There's a Wicklow Wolf/DOT double black IPA, Guardian of the Galaxy, knocking around at the moment. It's lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Macy0161

BeerNut wrote: »
    There's a Wicklow Wolf/DOT double black IPA, Guardian of the Galaxy, knocking around at the moment. It's lovely.
    It is. And it is. Extremely drinkable and I'm hoping to pick up more of it, but doesn't really help the hunt for less than 6.5%! :D

Advertisement