Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

jsa112 wrote: »
    If you think that is bad, I had a 20 y/o bottle of port and the sediment was like sludge

Did it age as well as you'd hoped?! ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Crafty brewing company limited edition American style pale wheat ale.......BLOODY LOVELY.!!!

Yep this beer is amazing. Up there with one of the best Irish beers this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A wonderful pint of exceptional porter on cask

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

St Mels Autumn IPA, quite nice, like a hoppy Sheep Stealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Had a pint of "Dogman" on Tigh Giblins in spiddel last night...lovely reddish ale...grand with a steak.

No idea who brews it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

Had a pint of "Dogman" on Tigh Giblins in spiddel last night...lovely reddish ale...grand with a steak.

No idea who brews it.

Bogman ? It's brewed in Spiddal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

jh79 wrote: »

Thank a for the correction....yes jusrlt found a receipt in my pocket and Googled it....lovely beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A wonderful pint of exceptional porter on cask

You can not be coming out with a line like that without telling us where!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Contract brewed by Trouble Brewing I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

c - 13 wrote: »
    Contract brewed by Trouble Brewing I believe.

Feckers told me it was brewed by the owner of Tigh Giblins himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Feckers told me it was brewed by the owner of Tigh Giblins himself.
    C&C and Heineken aren't the only Cute Hoors in Irish brewing :D

I keep a list of who's what here, for cases of doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Bonita India Dark ale - fantastic

Blacks of Kinsale yellow sub - really nice beer

Pinned Throwback IPA - very nice beer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bonita India Dark ale - fantastic

Blacks of Kinsale yellow sub - really nice beer

Pinned Throwback IPA - very nice beer

What's the difference between "really nice" and "very nice"?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

had the new kettle sour from Hope, peaches and blueberry. It was very nice, no wait, actually really nice. Joking aside, it was ok, preferred the passionfruit one that they did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Westy 12 as a treat after yesterday's marathon

Wow. Well done, a nice treat well deserved.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Wow. Well done, a nice treat well deserved.

Cheers, nice to have an excuse :-) will need to visit Belgium again now for more!

Cheers, nice to have an excuse :-) will need to visit Belgium again now for more!

Well that's two things I'd love to do. Not sure which one I'll do first though. That's if I ever get to do either!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well that's two things I'd love to do. Not sure which one I'll do first though. That's if I ever get to do either!

*Google's Belgian marathon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Bonita and Goin' Out West in Beer Market on Saturday. I love Bonita so much. GOW was also pretty nice.

Moved up to the B&C then and had a pint of Trouble Pumpkin, which I really liked, you can taste the biscuit and the spices, which means it does kind of taste like a pumpkin pie. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Also had a Westy previously after a marathon, and while the occasion demands a fine tipple, perhaps letting some time lapse between the two events in my case would have been more advisable. It's difficult to appreciate the yeasty breadiness of the beer when the body is crying out for hydration and sugar. A nice citrusy, sweet, hoppy APA will perhaps be the target of my next post-marathon celebration. Congrats on the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Had a Brewdog Neon Overlord over the weekend. Sweet mother divine, it nearly blew the head off me with the chilli in it. In a word....Don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Couple of tins of Harp chilling in the fridge for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

O'Brother Bonita - very really nice. Looks like a stout, so you're expecting stoutish malty bitterness, so the fruity sweetness comes as a bit of a surprise. Like it a lot, but too strong/expensive to be a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Tonight in brewdog Leeds

Racer 5 by Bear republic
    So fantastically hoppy. An excellent beer.

Dead by Dawn from the Weird Beard Brewing company.
    Very malty and biscuity. Fine for a few sips and then became a
    Bit much.

Axe Edge by Buxton Brewery
    Very hoppy.
    Just what I like. Very enjoyable beer.

Born to Die 4/11/16 on keg
    Had a half pint
    Such a great beer.
    Hopped to the nth degree and so refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_268567.jpg

Thornbridge Parma Porter

According to Thornbridge, this porter has the aroma and flavour of Derbyshire’s Swizzle Matlow Parma Violet sweets. And distinctive it certainly is. Floral and violet flavours are subtle and it has a balanced finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Oskar Blues Old Chub, a scotch ale/wee heavy in The Salthouse, a delightful malty number, doesn't feel like 8%.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Tried the Blacks of Kinsale single hop IPA's - they're quite bad. I guess I should stop trying with them, everything I've had from them has been bland as hell

Yellowbelly Citra Pale Ale is excellent, grass & lychee freshness. Finish could be a bit cleaner but a minor gripe. The G'way IPA is also excellent by them, decent West Coast style with a nice resinous bitterness. Their BA Imp Stout was pretty lame though, the base beer isn't sturdy enough. Still better than most BA stouts in this country I guess, sigh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

snowblind wrote: »
    Their BA Imp Stout was pretty lame though, the base beer isn't sturdy enough. Still better than most BA stouts in this country I guess, sigh
    It wasn't barrel aged, just matured on whiskey soaked oak chips. The actual Bushmills barrel one will be out later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

BeerNut wrote: »
    It wasn't barrel aged, just matured on whiskey soaked oak chips. The actual Bushmills barrel one will be out later.
    Oh, I guess the venue got it wrong then

Probably better on oak chips - give it more whiskey barrel and it'll get even more unbalanced. I've never had a great BA stout that clocks in under 10%. All world class ones I've had have been over 12% I think

Advertisement