Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

All I want from them is some In Cahoots. For the love of God!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

All I want from them is some In Cahoots. For the love of God!
    Maybe the new head brewer will be willing to do another kettle sour. The old head brewer hated having to make that beer.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Maybe the new head brewer will be willing to do another kettle sour. The old head brewer hated having to make that beer.

Is that what that was about?

It was an incredible beer. I mean, they don't need Brewtonic onboard now I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I imagine that was in the pipeline before the change of Brewer, hopefully it's the last of this shïte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Poorside wrote: »
    I imagine that was in the pipeline before the change of Brewer, hopefully it's the last of this shïte.
    I bet the Cadbury Creme Egg IPA is already in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

La Chouffe. Another old classic...

Have one of their 1.5 litre specials, just waiting on the right time to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

JoeLapira wrote: »
    Have one of their 1.5 litre specials, just waiting on the right time to open it

Are you alive? That's a right time to open it :-)

Having a Galway Hooker Seafarer Series Cherry Chocolate Stout; ne'er a cherry was near it.

Very disappointing. Grand as a chocolate stout, but Cherry? Pfft!

Gonna have to have a STARING AT THE SUN
    NITRO RASPBERRY SOUR, ALC. 6.3% VOL. COLLAB WITH POHJALA to wash it away!

https://lervig.no/product/staring-at-the-sun/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had a Boundary Export Stout last night, well balanced and straightforward, nothing too crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Are you alive? That's a right time to open it :-)

I feel it will have to be shared. It would be a waste for me to sit there on my own and drink it 😂

Twee. wrote: »
    I had a Boundary Export Stout last night, well balanced and straightforward, nothing too crazy!

I think it needs to be said that this is an excellent export stout and it's very affordable to boot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think it needs to be said that this is an excellent export stout and it's very affordable to boot

Yep! I didn't mean either of those things to be negative, it gives exactly what it says it should!

Black's World's End and a Wicklow Wolf Apex to start the evening.

Following it up with one of my top 10 beers, the Weisenoher Eucarius Pils. Love it!

I’ll be opening a Treaty Harris as soon as the fridge does its thing.

Twee. wrote: »
    Yep! I didn't mean either of those things to be negative, it gives exactly what it says it should!

I remember the first time I got it. I thought the price was a mistake then I figured it would be crap but holy cow, it punches with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Just had a Gravensteiner landbier, now moving on to a Schlenkerla Helles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The GB Voyager is fantastic

Had some Left hand Nitro milk stout last night, a beautiful stout indeed.
    Mother Mac's are doing a White hag meet the Brewer next Saturday, I don't think the topic of former head brewer will be broached.
    Good selection of their SMASH series will be in growlers for it, thank fück they didn't go down the road of the 'special' beers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had some Left hand Nitro milk stout last night, a beautiful stout indeed.
    Mother Mac's are doing a White hag meet the Brewer next Saturday, I don't think the topic of former head brewer will be broached.
    Good selection of their SMASH series will be in growlers for it, thank fück they didn't go down the road of the 'special' beers.

Did you try any of the Kinnegar barrel aged beers last week? I had the whiskey conditioned pale rye ale last night. A very interesting beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

Had this last night. As a rule I dont like sours but this was in a subscription box.

Whilst I'm sure the creators are proud of it, for me it was like drinking I actually dont know. Deep beetroot smell, sour texture, not for me. Think fizzy beetroot juice. Amazing colour though.

The pic attached is not mine.

Did you try any of the Kinnegar barrel aged beers last week? I had the whiskey conditioned pale rye ale last night. A very interesting beer.

Had that as well, really liked it, lovely mellow whiskey taste to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Suppin' on Whiplash Fakey Cake Maker "Silly Stout". Lovely stuff. Whiplash doing some solid Stouts.

Had an apex espresso last night. Was fairly underwhelming, i was expecting something more along the lines of Joe porter but the coffee seemed pretty washed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Had a whiplash Cream on Chrome Double last night and it was delish. Gonna grab maybe one or two more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Passenger wrote: »
    Suppin' on Whiplash Fakey Cake Maker "Silly Stout". Lovely stuff. Whiplash doing some solid Stouts.

Great drink, really good pastry stout. Had one at the weekend and loved it.

Had an apex espresso last night. Was fairly underwhelming, i was expecting something more along the lines of Joe porter but the coffee seemed pretty washed out.

Quite liked it, completely tasted exactly how I’d expect an espresso stout to taste. Loads of great stouts around at the moment so wouldn’t be top of my list to buy again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dang. I just bought one of those yesterday.

Don’t get the hatred for White Hag over these beers.

I’ve really enjoyed all their different stouts. Hopefully they do more and hopefully they sold really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,010 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Don’t get the hatred for White Hag over these beers.

I’ve really enjoyed all their different stouts. Hopefully they do more and hopefully they sold really well.

Perhaps people think that beer should have more in common with beer as they know it that with cadbury's Roses?

Personally, they don't bother me - they are easy to avoid.
    I have other issues

Advertisement