Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

A pizza from avoca would buy a months worth of beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

A pizza from avoca would buy a months worth of beer :D

I have no hand or part in their purchase, I'm merely a willing vessel for their deposit.

I have no hand or part in their purchase, I'm merely a willing vessel for their deposit.

The Mrs paid 20 quid for two slices of cheesecake in one when we were first going out and I was likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Having this mammoth now, it's OK not the best not the worst

Whooping 900ml Can for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

Ballykilcavan #4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I like Sierra Nevada hazy Jane. Does that count :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Whooping 900ml Can for €3

Reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

poisonated wrote: »
    I like Sierra Nevada hazy Jane. Does that count :)

BrewDog?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had 2 cans of O'Hara's nitro stout over the last few hours. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. Grand stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

BaZmO* wrote: »
    BrewDog?
    Sorry. I meant hazy little thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Had 2 cans of O'Hara's nitro stout over the last few hours. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. Grand stout.

Think it's a great alternative to you-know-who.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Had an O'Hara's Hop Adventure Strata edition. Very nice beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I woke up this morning feeling even more confused than usual. I had 2 White Hags for the first time last night and going by loads of folk on here they’re meant to be poor... I know each to their own and all that but these beers are really good for me!

First up was the Oatmeal Porter, a decent if surprisingly sweet stout.

Second up was the Mochacinno Stout - I though this was a really nice pastry style stout. The fact that it’s only €2.50 a can makes it even better. A really good stout at a really good price.

Every one of their limited edition stouts I’ve had I’ve really liked. I’ve had about 250 different stouts in the last year or so and White Hag stuff is consistently a high quality offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Also had Yellowbelly - Unto the Breach, a Pineapple DIPA - not great.

Siren - Nitro Caribbean Chocolate Cake - Was ok, nothing special.

Lervig- 3 Bean Stout. Absolutely fantastic. A classic.

Passenger wrote: »
    Think it's a great alternative to you-know-who.

Not at 3 times the price it's not!

Had one last night and thought it was grand. Not better than the original version and not a patch on Leann Folláin.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

Lervig's Lucky Jack last night. Nice bang to it I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Tried a can of White Hag Shamrock Shake, found it very tasty

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Tried a can of White Hag Shamrock Shake, found it very tasty

I liked it too. It was like mint choc icecream. Nice dessert beer but it would get very sickly if you had more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Just had a Rollover there. Lovely little chugger.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I liked it too. It was like mint choc icecream. Nice dessert beer but it would get very sickly if you had more than one.

I still have one of those and one of the Eggnog ales from Christmas. Need an excuse to chug them soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I still have one of those and one of the Eggnog ales from Christmas. Need an excuse to chug them soon!

I've tried making excuses to drink the Shamrock one over the last 2 weekends, both times I've been saved from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I woke up this morning feeling even more confused than usual. I had 2 White Hags for the first time last night and going by loads of folk on here they’re meant to be poor... I know each to their own and all that but these beers are really good for me!

First up was the Oatmeal Porter, a decent if surprisingly sweet stout.

Second up was the Mochacinno Stout - I though this was a really nice pastry style stout. The fact that it’s only €2.50 a can makes it even better. A really good stout at a really good price.

Every one of their limited edition stouts I’ve had I’ve really liked. I’ve had about 250 different stouts in the last year or so and White Hag stuff is consistently a high quality offering.

Have to agree, the Mochacinno Stout smells amazing and was rather tasty too.
    Enjoyed all their limited edition stouts too with the exception of the Mexican Hot Chocolate one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Poorside wrote: »
    I've tried making excuses to drink the Shamrock one over the last 2 weekends, both times I've been saved from it.

What about..."I wonder what colour my pee will be afterwards"?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

SOLD!

Anyone else pick up the double barrel aged Leann Folláin?

I'm drinking one tonight out of an old 8 Degrees flute glass. Very little carbonation/head. As dark and black as any Narwhal I've ever had. Some nice depth from the whiskey casks, but I should have tried to sample it side-by-side with the Christmas release to see if there was a notable taste difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Whiplash Cream on Chrome

Delicious.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

That's the best reason I've reason so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dot Brew Contains nuts. Nice and smooth, medium body. Not as boozy as I anticipated.

I just finished a can of The Devils Ladder from 8°. Highly enjoyable. I've been mostly off the beer for a while with a handful of bottles/cans every few months. This was a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭Guffy

Selection of Galway Bay Brewery. Full Sale, Session IPA and Of foam and fury . All delicious

Advertisement