Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

One of my favourites as well, did the brewery tour in SF years ago. Still no sign of the controversial new branding here

They possibly had the nicest branding out there... why the hell did they change it?!

It now looks like St Mels stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Actually didn’t realise there could be excise on it due to coming from within EU.

It’s very clear from the box what was in it but it wasn’t stopped by customs.

From the Beer Republic site:

Disclaimer:

Remember that local customs (can) charge additional tax fees. Check your local authority which charges can be applied. We cannot give you any information on this because this can change day by day. We are not responsible for any additional charges made. If you order alcoholic products as a private individual from another EU country, you arrange the transport yourself by using and consent of the shipping at checkout, you may also be liable to pay excise duties. As the distance buyer, you may be liable to pay excise duties on alcohol products and beverage containers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

From the Beer Republic site:

Disclaimer:

Remember that local customs (can) charge additional tax fees. Check your local authority which charges can be applied. We cannot give you any information on this because this can change day by day. We are not responsible for any additional charges made. If you order alcoholic products as a private individual from another EU country, you arrange the transport yourself by using and consent of the shipping at checkout, you may also be liable to pay excise duties. As the distance buyer, you may be liable to pay excise duties on alcohol products and beverage containers.

That's unusually honest from an online seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Still tempted to chance it myself. Great selection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

8 Degrees Brewing -The Irish Munro Series

Just had a Devils Ladder Belgian Triple abv 11.5% aged in Sherry Casks. Wow

I really enjoyed it. Lovely triple honeyed taste. Brought me back to happy times in Brussels!

BBD 3/12/2022. Bought in Jus de Vine , Portmarnock. 440 ml and 5.1 units of my weekly allowance. Cost 4.50 and worth every cent. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Had the Thornbridge / Burning Sky collaboration, Vicious Circle white burgundy barrel aged golden ale. 7.4% abv.

This was a very low carbonation, almost no head. A little hazy, very vinous and tart bordering on sour. The white burgundy element is detectable alright. I absolutely love white burgundy so this was the reason I was keen to try this. Not an entirely successful beer but for me personally if it had been a little livelier in terms of carbonation that would have helped me enjoy it more.

I also had a Lough Gill West Coast IPA. Disappointing, I remember this as having a bigger body and being more hoppy. A bit so-so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

My local doing bottles of left hand Nitro stout bottles for €1.50 a pop ...picked up a few for the massacre..I mean game tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

My local doing bottles of left hand Nitro stout bottles for €1.50 a pop ...picked up a few for the massacre..I mean game tonight

Where's local?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

How does the bottle compare to the can? How does it work in terms of their widget.

Where's local?

The Kingdom ;)

• Advertisement

Pen Rua wrote: »
    How does the bottle compare to the can? How does it work in terms of their widget.

Hard pour, top off and invert the bottle completely...it definitely works....

The Kingdom ;)

Send a few up to us 😉

Send a few up to us 😉

They do deliveries ;)

They do deliveries ;)

Amazing! I love browsing new retailers.
    Link?

Amazing! I love browsing new retailers.
    Link?

I suppose it doesn't count as advertising as I have no affiliation to said business . The beer is an in-house promotion along with torpedo..so this have to ring I'd think...the probe may not be on the website

https://nutsaboutwine.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 l14masasddadsg

Mod edit: Importation of alcohol is only allowed with a licence. Please don't be discussing individual sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Had a couple of Galway Bays - Big Feelings, Citra West Coast IPA last night.
    It was very very nice. I could have drank a good few !

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Anyone tried the Deadly Brewing Co. lager from Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Had it a while ago, it was decent but nothing special. Not sure who brews it, I thought it was Rascals but I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Had it a while ago, it was decent but nothing special. Not sure who brews it, I thought it was Rascals but I don't think so.

Seen it last night, 99c a can - picked up a few to try over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I thought it was superb. Really authentically German-tasting, almost like a Dortmunder or Märzen.

Lineman electric avenue is disappointing. Nothing bad about it or anything but very light on hops. Not a big amount of any flavour going on really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

BeerNut wrote: »
    I thought it was superb. Really authentically German-tasting, almost like a Dortmunder or Märzen.

I haven't. But these are the sorts of reviews that I like. Cheers guys.

The new WW Avalanche isn’t a winner either for me. Absolutely gorgeous aromas pouring the can but the taste isn’t anywhere near it and it’s weirdly dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Had the two new Trouble Brewing pale ales last night - lucky and pozzo. Both really nice.

Also had my first Brewmaster, with their American Pale Ale. I'd rank the beer with their branding... A bit of a macro twang off it? Anyway, not for me.

Regarding the Wicklow Wolf, can't say I've noticed much difference in the bigger can/ tweaked recipe. But I probably prefer eden of the two sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Petrus Red by Brouwerij De Brabandere. Lovely sweet, tart and fruity Belgian beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

A few bottles of West Kerry Brewery Porter to kick off saturday night. Sensational stuff!

Lovely coffee and chocolate notes with the smooth mouthfeel of a milk or oatmeal stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Timistry wrote: »
    A few bottles of West Kerry Brewery Porter to kick off saturday night. Sensational stuff!

Lovely coffee and chocolate notes with the smooth mouthfeel of a milk or oatmeal stout.

Carrig Dubh? Best porter out there imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Timistry wrote: »

It's a stunning yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Deep Purple Sour - Overtone Brewing Co. Blueberry fruity tart sour, looking forward to this all week and it didn’t disappoint.

Advertisement