Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Had a few tonight.
    The Molloys/Rascals team up Christmas IPA would while generic was pleasant. 4 for €10 sounds good so I'll definitely go back for more.

Getting through the Wicklow Wolf Poles Apart duo, the IPA was very nice. Reminded me which ever of the Brooklyn Local's is in the same style. Decent brew.
    The porter is nice, it's got a good flavour with nice spicy undertones but I can't help but get over a strange, damp sock like smell from it. That's disappointing. :(
    Anyone else try it and get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Whiplash's Since I've Been Loving You is very nice, but not as nuanced as STTV which is probably the best beer I've had this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Taking a break from my festive homebrew (Cinnamon & Ginger Ale) to try some new local beers from Lough Gill Brewery in Sligo...

3 x 500ml cans for €9 in my local Centra.

1. Thieving Basterds (Pale Ale)
    2. Heino Weise (IPA)
    3. Mac Nutty (Macadamia Nut Brown Ale)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Wicklow Wolf Poles Apart North Hoppy Porter

Hops dominate this pretty distinctive Porter. Full bodied, good carbonation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Basq wrote: »
    440s, oddly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

UK canning contractor? First time I've seen 440s on an Irish product - but I've not seen 500s either, come to think of it!

Don't think so. According to the boss it's the fastest growing can size in the States, and that's their intended primary destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BeerNut wrote: »
    440s, oddly.

Thieving Bastards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Tried American Style Pale Wheat Ale by Rye River over the weekend and it was a stand out for me for 2016.

Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BeerNut wrote: »
    440s, oddly.
    Jaysus, saw can and looked bigger than 330ml, so just assumed they'd be 500ml.

Didn't get a chance to try yet... you try them BN?

• Advertisement

you try them BN?
    Not yet.

Jaysus, saw can and looked bigger than 330ml, so just assumed they'd be 500ml.
    Had a closer look there and they don't have a metric volume on them, so those labels aren't street legal. It just says "14.9 fl. oz".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,345 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Definitely American market so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Taking a break from my festive homebrew (Cinnamon & Ginger Ale) to try some new local beers from Lough Gill Brewery in Sligo...

1. Thieving Basterds (Pale Ale)
    2. Heino Weise (IPA)
    3. Mac Nutty (Macadamia Nut Brown Ale)

Arse! I got one for €4ish in Drinkstore only tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Galway Bay Hexed Double IPA earlier. Very nice, a good bit of tropical fruit and sweetness but very easy to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Really enjoyed Champagne beer from Dot brewing.
    Unusual taste for a beer I don't like white wine or champagne so thought it might be bad.

Got a lovely pineapple taste and finished a little dry but I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had the Galway Bay imperial porter last weekend, if I hadn't known I'd have assumed it was Stormy Port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

matrim wrote: »
    Had a Galway Bay Hexed Double IPA earlier. Very nice, a good bit of tropical fruit and sweetness but very easy to drink.

yeah, for me it's streets ahead of OFAF, much more contemporary style DIPA, none of that sickly sweet malt backbone, very dry and fruity and VERY drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Champagne beer from Dot brewing.
    Unusual taste for a beer I don't like white wine or champagne so thought it might be bad.

Got a lovely pineapple taste and finished a little dry but I enjoyed it.

Have one of these at home and very much looking forward to it now.

Verdant Bloom last night, cracking IPA with lots of dark resin hop flavour and nice bitterness.
    Saving a Modern Times - Blazing World for Christmas day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Had that beer on draft in Barcelona(Modern Times) it's 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RasTa wrote: »
    Had that beer on draft in Barcelona(Modern Times) it's 10/10

Yeah it's a fantastic beer alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Galway bay hexed is delicious. Lots of citra in it. its very dry, the hops shine. Had it in the beer market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Have a few Oharas Hop Adventure armatis in the fridge. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Gonna be like a kid at Xmas later in McHughs, I've €60 in vouchers to get my stash in.

WOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

On 8 Degrees 'The Fearless' Farmhouse Ale this week. 750ml bottles. Tis good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Just picked up Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (Fresh, Camden St, Dublin). Looking forward to trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Got a large selection of great sours and lambics from my Secret Santa at work.

The highlight of which is a bottle of Boon Oude Gueze Black Label.. that is tonight sorted..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sierra Nevada Otra Vez | Gose Style Ale.

An acquired taste I have to say, has a kind of a sweet and salty taste, maybe better as a summer BBQ beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Starting festivities early. Barrel Aged Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. Sublime! The reason I drink Craft beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Drinking hiviz number 3 of my 28 I got from the big beery nights auction. It'll be a very hoppy Christmas indeed.

Advertisement