Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

jule-maelk.jpg

To Øl Jule Mælk

Wow! A burst of flavours from the start. Sweet, full bodied, dark fruits, good carbonation. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Are we all ready for the lovely time off work? :cool:
    2na7e47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

CianRyan wrote: »
    Are we all ready for the lovely time off work? :cool:
    2na7e47.jpg

What beer is the cans?

It's the Rascals/Molloys Christmas team up brew. It's a decent pale ale and it's 4 for €10. Grand for with dinner.

It's the Rascals/Molloys Christmas team up brew. It's a decent pale ale and it's 4 for €10. Grand for with dinner.

I must get in a few :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Finally cracked open the Chimay Grande Reserve 2016, definitely worth the wait. Stunning beer. Must see of I can pick up another one in Martin's before they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

These! :)

200w6kk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BrewDog - Self Assembly Pope. Really like this one. Probably falls into the dessert beer category though which is not a bad thing considering my current state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Wicklow Brewery HopKnut in cans is pretty good, worth seeking out.

Decent pale ale, nice orangey hop character, nothing too much though, it's not an IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Stone Ruination followed by Kinnegar Rustbucket, maybe my favourites this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Stone Ruination followed by Kinnegar Rustbucket, maybe my favourites this year.

I'd have done those the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

I'd have done those the other way around.

I agree, but I'm not one for planning, couldn't resist the ruination when I finally got a chance to raid the Christmas stock

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

The Next One ! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Serious selection in drinkstore tonight, I mean really good for the American fan.

Barrel Aged Oskar Blues - Ten Fidy (€17 for a 500ml)

Crooked Stave - About 6 different beers from these lads. Hop Savant is the only one I can remember buying

Founders - Lizard of Koz

Along with a load of Oskar blues stuff, wallet took a big hit.

Just finished a West Kerry Riasc Gold that I had stored up, BBF May 2015. A nice settler for a light golden ale and a fine way to see in an lá Nollaig.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

I just had Irish Blonde, by a local brewery in crossmolina (reel deel)

Very gassy but tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sumatra Mountain.. it is what one has for breakfast..

It's basically carbonated coffee, intense but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's basically carbonated coffee, intense but I like it.

Would love to try this stuff on draught. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

A wild beer millionaire stout for the first half of dinner, and a Buxton trolltunga for the second half. There's a barrel aged leann folláin waiting in the fridge to go with dessert now. It's probably not a purist's order to drink them in, but it's the way they came out of the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

CR 7 wrote: »
    A wild beer millionaire stout for the first half of dinner, and a Buxton trolltunga for the second half. There's a barrel aged leann folláin waiting in the fridge to go with dessert now. It's probably not a purist's order to drink them in, but it's the way they came out of the fridge.

A purist wouldn't have them in the fridge in the first place.

An O Brother Bonita, India dark Ale, or black ipa as it tasted. Was very nice.

A purist wouldn't have them in the fridge in the first place.

An O Brother Bonita, India dark Ale, or black ipa as it tasted. Was very nice.

They would when it's 10 degrees outside, not to mind indoors with a stove blazing since the morning. :pac:

I've a few of them waiting too, for another day. In the fridge.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

RasTa wrote: »
    Serious selection in drinkstore tonight, I mean really good for the American fan.

Barrel Aged Oskar Blues - Ten Fidy (€17 for a 500ml)

Crooked Stave - About 6 different beers from these lads. Hop Savant is the only one I can remember buying

Founders - Lizard of Koz

Along with a load of Oskar blues stuff, wallet took a big hit.

Wow. Have seen lots of Oskar Blues stuff and always wondered why no Ten Fidy. Will have to check it out.

I got everything I could by founders for Christmas.

Final analysis...

KBS > Backwoods > Devil Dancer > the rest

Props to redankulous and breakfast stout. Centennial is amazing too but has become my vanilla ice cream over the last few years.

I love founders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Just had a Fourpure Brewing Juicebox Citrus IPA, was expecting it to be sweeter pleasantly surprised with it and one I'd drink again. Bitter/zesty than sweet with the mango & papaya in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Got 4 oharas hop adventure armatis....not bad.. like a typical English pale ale /bitter.

Oskar Blues Death by Coconut is gorgeous.

A wild beer millionaire stout for the first half of dinner, and a Buxton trolltunga for the second half. There's a barrel aged leann folláin waiting in the fridge to go with dessert.

I wasn't overly impressed with the millionaire stout, didn't really get much of the caramel or salty flavours, still a well made stout, so maybe my taste buds were inhibited by the volume of turkey in me. The trolltunga was fantastic, as sour as I was hoping a gooseberry beer would be, but still very drinkable. Leann folláin was just as good as it's been for me the last few Christmases.

Tonight it's Torc's raspberry/vanilla collaboration with Bradley's. I really liked this one, great strong vanilla flavours, and the subtle sour raspberry. Must pick up more of this while it's still around. And then some yellow belly great for the town strawberry sour. Not really a fan of this, the hint of strawberry is not as strong as I was expecting. Haven't been disappointed with a beer from them yet, so I might chance another bottle of it some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oskar Blues Death by Coconut is gorgeous.

Yup, tastes like a delicious bounty

My brother had a bottle of Hop Savant with him last night, I had a few sips from his glass.

Holy hell, I'm going to have to go and get some of this Crooked Stave stuff for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

...... Leann folláin was just as good as it's been for me the last few Christmases...........

I agree . Leann Follain is my #1.

Advertisement