Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Wicklow 12.12.16

Where are the cherries and raisins, the port and treacle, the oak barrel?

Disappointing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

2015 Sierra Nevada barrel-aged Narwhal Imperial Stout.

Bottle. Bought from DrinkStore several months ago. Majestic.

Lined up for New Year's Eve is Brooklyn: Black Ops. For a Christmas season as dark as the depths of my soul. :cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

An File wrote: »
    2015 Sierra Nevada barrel-aged Narwhal Imperial Stout.

Bottle. Bought from DrinkStore several months ago. Majestic.

Got one of the big bottles of that for Christmas. Really looking forward to cracking it open shortly.

Oskar Blues Death by Coconut is gorgeous.

Where could I get my hands on some?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just 1 beer tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Zaph wrote: »
    Where could I get my hands on some?

Drinkstore is probably the only place with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

RasTa wrote: »
    Drinkstore is probably the only place with it

Blackrock cellar, so I'd presume the likes of Redmond's ect would also have it

Thanks guys. I think I'll swing by Drinkstore on the way home from work tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dungarvan Gallows Hill Barley Wine (from 2015). I'd been keeping this one for ages after reading a few reviews here last year. It still fizzed up slightly on opening, but didn't gush all over the place. I'm no expert on barley wines but I am enjoying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,600 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got given a number of Clarkshaws bottles for Christmas. Bottle conditioned and pretty inconsistent for it. The Hell Yeah Lager is the standout of them but one of the bottles of it was extremely poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Went to the Lagunitas brewery in Chicago last night. What a cool place and so much bigger than I expected. They must be putting that Heineken money to good use. Stand out Beer for me was CitruSinensis blood orange ipa. Beautiful beer with just the right balance of orange. Disappointing they didn't have Hairy eyeball. Doing the Ravensdale mile today with about 5 brewerys including Half Acre and Begyle. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Had a pint of Metalman from the cask in the Porterhouse last night. One amazingly soft smooth pint of beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Went to the Lagunitas brewery in Chicago last night. What a cool place and so much bigger than I expected. They must be putting that Heineken money to good use. Stand out Beer for me was CitruSinensis blood orange ipa. Beautiful beer with just the right balance of orange. Disappointing they didn't have Hairy eyeball. Doing the Ravensdale mile today with about 5 brewerys including Half Acre and Begyle. Should be fun.

Did you try the High Westified Imperial Stout?

Broke open a 2016 KBS, just because. So worth it. This has been a great week for show-off drinking. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ipso wrote: »
    Did you try the High Westified Imperial Stout?

No, didn't try that one, too much choice. Probably should have just got a few tasting trays.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Yellow Belly American Express. An rather delicious APA from my local brewery. Say what you like about Wexford but for a small enough town we have a pretty good beer selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Broke open a 2016 KBS, just because. So worth it. This has been a great week for show-off drinking. :cool:

heh

How do you find it compared to 2015?

Considering opening a 200 Fathoms tonight.

limnam wrote: »
    heh

How do you find it compared to 2015?

Considering opening a 200 Fathoms tonight.

I didn't appreciate last night's one at all. Drank it too quickly so I could get into town for a gig. I still have a 2015 one and another from 2016 stored away for later in 2017, so I'll get to compare them again at some stage.

Had intended to have my bottle of Black Ops tonight but I forgot to take it with me for the weekend. Having some cans of pale ale instead. Metalman is up first. Either an Elvis Juice or a Kinsale Hi-Viz next.

Boon Mariage Parfait 2012 Oude Geuze

what a bleeding beer.

I didn't appreciate last night's one at all. Drank it too quickly so I could get into town for a gig. I still have a 2015 one and another from 2016 stored away for later in 2017, so I'll get to compare them again at some stage.

Had intended to have my bottle of Black Ops tonight but I forgot to take it with me for the weekend. Having some cans of pale ale instead. Metalman is up first. Either an Elvis Juice or a Kinsale Hi-Viz next.

Elvis Juice is on tap locally here at the moment the fruit just hops out of it. Some nice options there for you.

I didn't bother opening the 200 fathoms as I'm trying to rid of a head cold and wouldn't have enjoyed it properly

• Advertisement

Picked up some nice lamb chops and were devoured with a Duvel White.

Long time since I had a Duvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Had a Founders 2015 Backwoods Bastard last night to ease the pain of return to work this morning.
    Its a great beer.

Beavertown Sour Power Barrel Aged Mixed Fermentation Farmhouse Red

Link

Amazingly complex beer

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Fruit Bat by Brewdog - nice beer but a little too tart at the finish for me
    Jack hammer - had forgotten how good this beer is, still one of the best IPAs around
    Cloudwater DIPA V6 - great beer, tasted better second time around for some reason. Lots of orange peel.
    Modern times blazing world was a cracker as a few people here had pointed out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I got hold of Blazing World recently too, very nice beer. I must pick it up again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Enjoying a pint of Hacker Pschorr münchner hell (lager). Wonderful Bavarian beauty :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC02509_zpstj608jvz.jpg

Drinking this tonight and its made by Carlow Brewing Company and is one of the better craft beers I have tasted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A very enjoyable bottle of Drei Fonteinen Doesjel.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Just having a bottle of Lidls Crafty brewing company, Irish pale Ale, I didn't know what to expect but its delicious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Passenger wrote: »
    jule-maelk.jpg

To Øl Jule Mælk

Wow! A burst of flavours from the start. Sweet, full bodied, dark fruits, good carbonation. Delicious.

That's on tap in brewdock and cheaper to drink it than from the off license.

€9.25, 330ml

Advertisement