Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Had an empty KBS bottle by the bed there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Sam Miguel & Killanny Red Ale by Brehon Brewhouse

Random but good combo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Treaty City - Hell's Gate helles.

I hate lager, but I love this stuff. My local brewery. They keep knocking it out of the park. 4 great beers from these guys now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Just to add to the praise for this year's 200 Fathoms. I think it's far nicer than last year's offering. Smoother and better balanced. It's gona be tough to stash away a few bottles for a year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Had a few Bloody Ells tonight and to me is definitely nicer than last year's. Really got the bitterness balance perfect. Really hope they release Bloody Notorious too. If they improve on that too it would be perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

260x510_p1489954632327_eight_degrees_retribution_black_rye_ipa.jpg

Eight Degrees Retribution Black Rye IPA

Moderate bitterness, a tad dry but good carbonation. If it had a bit more body it would probably be improved overall imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

c - 13 wrote: »
    8 Degrees - Lemon drop - one of 8 degrees poorer efforts unfortunately

Agreed.
    Very underwhelming.
    Tasted like a watered down, average, forgettable ipa.
    Will use this as the control and try again when I see it in bottle.

By contrast, I had a bottle of ED Citra afterwards, which had a significantly better citrus/lemon taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Popped into O'Brien's in Lucan in the hope of picking up some 200 Fathoms & KBS. Luckily enough they had them, and as luck would have they also had 2017 Bigfoot!! :) Forgot it was that time of year again. Happy Days!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Popped into O'Brien's in Lucan in the hope of picking up some 200 Fathoms & KBS. Luckily enough they had them, and as luck would have they also had 2017 Bigfoot!! :) Forgot it was that time of year again. Happy Days!! :pac:

Excellent, having a 2016 BA Black Boar, amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

For how much?
    mikeecho wrote: »
    €6 for a half pint in abbots ale house

Just seen this now. It's actually €6.75 for 33cl.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

gandalf wrote: »
    Don't normally drink stout but got talked into trying a couple of bottles of two hundred fathoms at the local offie after we had a big conversation about whiskey. I'm damn glad I did what a great drink of full flavoured liquid happiness!

What off license did you get it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Had a few Bloody Ells tonight and to me is definitely nicer than last year's. Really got the bitterness balance perfect. Really hope they release Bloody Notorious too. If they improve on that too it would be perfection.

Have to say I was very disappointed in this year's batch. Felt the blood orange was quite faint and overall texture was a bit thin. Not sure if they brew multiple batches of this or how it works so hopefully I just got a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

was also disappointed with this year's cans for sure. was told they brewed with 50% more blood oranges but I barely even tasted it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Guinness Foreign Extra, and i'm having it with ice cubes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Having a Coalface Special edition from Carrig Brewing.... A blackberry IPA.... Which was brewed in Carrig with a lad from my beer club Midlands Beer Club... I think it's only available in Carrig bars..

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Having a Coalface Special edition from Carrig Brewing.... A blackberry IPA.... Which was brewed in Carrig with a lad from my beer club Midlands Beer Club... I think it's only available in Carrig bars..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

My go to drink, Fuller's London Pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Just treating myself to a Brew Dog Paradox Rye Imperial Stout 15% ABV and washing it down after with a Modern Times City Of The Sun....because its nearly the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Having a Basqueland Brewing Project IPA in Bihotz Cafe on Bilbao. Cracking IPA, big hop hit to start, quite bitter on the nose but it mellows with some sweet hints as it gets to room temperature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Anyone recommend me some decent craft Cider? Been trying a few nice ones recently but bit expensive.

I'm looking for a reasonable price and the off license?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

3400m in the air on the way to Everest base camp and of course there is a "Sherpa brewery" craft beer. Tis a kolsch, I'll try it on the way back down

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone recommend me some decent craft Cider?
    Lidl and Aldi are great for cheap and decent cider. The dry ones of Aldi's Armagh Craft Cider and Lidl's Crafty Cider Company are both very good for the money.

• BeerNut wrote: »
    Lidl and Aldi are great for cheap and decent cider. The dry ones of Aldi's Armagh Craft Cider and Lidl's Crafty Cider Company are both very good for the money.

Great stuff, will get a few and try them out this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

RasTa wrote: »
    3400m in the air on the way to Everest base camp and of course there is a "Sherpa brewery" craft beer. Tis a kolsch, I'll try it on the way back down

Say wha??? Respect!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got my hands on 2 bottles of 200 Fathoms, bloody delighted :) Having one now, saving the other for a special occasion.

Also picked up a bottle of bigfoot.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Got to try a few interesting beers lately

Brewdog paradox rye: excellent, although preferred the version from a year or two ago

8 Degrees The Good barleywine: average-ish, expected more

200 Fathoms: wasn't a fan, better than last year but still not great and nowhere near 2015. Don't think I'll try future versions

Tempest chilli stout: was ok

Siren bourbon milkshake: seemed to hit the spot with the barrel ageing but the sweetness from the lactose was too much, was a slog to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Hare and the hag. First time I've had it since alltech and it is still lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Latest release of KBS. Perfection!

Advertisement