Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'll see if I can get a 330ml bottle, the one I had yesterday was 750ml so was presuming 15-20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

VW 1 wrote: »
    I'll see if I can get a 330ml bottle, the one I had yesterday was 750ml so was presuming 15-20 euro.

Have never seen a 750ml, only the 330ml. I've seen it around recently in places like O'Briens so you should be able to find a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

VW 1 wrote: »

You maybe had a barrel aged special not the standard Narwhal?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've seen the 750ml bottle in Molloys and got a present of one last Christmas. Iirc they were about ?25 a go, which would make the 355ml bottles around ?11.50 each. That was for the 2015 barrel aged beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Zaph wrote: »
    I've seen the 750ml bottle in Molloys and got a present of one last Christmas. Iirc they were about ?25 a go, which would make the 355ml bottles around ?11.50 each. That was for the 2015 barrel aged beer.

Definitely Barrel Aged so the regular would be around a fiver for a 330 bottle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Definitely Barrel Aged so the regular would be around a fiver for a 330 bottle

You maybe had a barrel aged special not the standard Narwhal?

Yep, it was the barrel aged one, my mistake in the initial post, didn't realise there was a regular one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rascals Project Sour #4 (blood orange). €10.10 a pint in The Brew Dock! Glad I asked for a sample before committing. It's grand sour but the orange only really comes out in the aftertaste. Didn't bother getting a glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Had a Cloudwater DIPA V13 on tap last night. Absolutely delicious. Smooth and juicy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oslo, Salthill, Galway. Glass of "Godspeed", an apricot tart ale. 5.5%

I ordered it before I knew what it was, just because I like to try new things. Very glad I did. This stuff is lovely.

Also, Via Maris is still great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

This year's Sierra Nevada Hoptimum is glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Northern Monk Patrons Projects 4.02 Pineapple and Grapefruit Juice IPA - pretty decent beer, definitely has the lilt flavour they talk about on the can. Overall though not really memorable or up to the standard of some of their core beers.
    Reaction has been mixed on 8 degrees cumulus lupulus, just wondering has anyone else tried it or think it's worth a shot?
    The NE or Vermont style is getting a bit tedious at this stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    has anyone else tried it or think it's worth a shot?
    I liked it and think it's worth a shot.
    Other beer styles are available.

BeerNut wrote: »
    I liked it and think it's worth a shot.
    Nice review, sounds like a good beer.

Other beer styles are available.
    I understand, it just feels like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon which is understandable as it sells units. I just find most lack enough bitterness to make them palatable beyond one drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Northern Monk Patrons Projects 4.02 Pineapple and Grapefruit Juice IPA - pretty decent beer, definitely has the lilt flavour they talk about on the can. Overall though not really memorable or up to the standard of some of their core beers.
    Reaction has been mixed on 8 degrees cumulus lupulus, just wondering has anyone else tried it or think it's worth a shot?

Hated the Cumulus Lupulus, onion sweat central.

Had the White Gypsy Belgian Ale cupla nights ago,absolutely gorgeous stuff. Bang on with the Belgian flavours.

it just feels like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon which is understandable as it sells units. I just find most lack enough bitterness to make them palatable beyond one drink.
    Mercifully the beer bandwagon moves pretty damn fast, and something else will be along shortly. It isn't necessary to try every new beer that comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

BeerNut wrote: »
    It isn't necessary to try every new beer that comes out.

Who are you trying to convince here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

BeerNut wrote:
    It isn't necessary to try every new beer that comes out.

You sound like my missus!

Who are you trying to convince here? :D
    I'm just repeating what the voices in my head say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Just had a Founders centennial IPA with my chicken sambo for lunch...gets better every time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Turpentine wrote: »

Bought one earlier just going to open it, am a tad scared….

• Advertisement

siren%20primal%20cut%20bottle.png

Siren Primal Cut Smoked Porter with Coffee and Blackcurrant

Considering the description it's actually not overly smokey and the coffee and juicy berries in there add a nice sauciness to it. 8.8% ABV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Super Bock Stout. It's basically a Dunkel beer. V drinkable @5% and a god send compared to the generic yellow piss water in Portugal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Turpentine wrote: »

It is, isn't it? I thought it had a nice sticky mouth feel.

Can of Lervig Supersonic, not for me at all. Liked Tasty Juice and some of their others but this was a bit too thick with a really oily residue left behind. Flavour was mainly orange skin and pith.
    The bottle of Hope Oatmeal IPA was heaven after it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had a bottle last night of Ultimate Revenge, a 7% abv porter from Kelly's Mountain Brew.

First time trying anything from that particular brewery. Quite impressed. Was lucky I had an extra hour in bed this morning!

Tempted to have a small bottle of Narwhal tonight, but it's getting a bit late. Might save it to kick off the weekend.

beer_407489.jpg

Whiplash Surrender to the Void Double IPA

Enjoyable sup. Nice tropical aroma. Light and crisp with a bit of bite. Reminded me of Eight Degrees Supernova. 8.5% ABV.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Mikkeller bar in San Francisco this evening. Should throw up some nice selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Mikkeller bar in San Francisco this evening. Should throw up some nice selections.

Cellarmaker is supposed to be very good, not too far from there either.
    https://www.cellarmakerbrewing.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Bus Boy wrote: »

Not if you drink in moderation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

From the crafty brewing company and bought in Lidl , its Irish Red Ale . Also bought a bottle of Dundalgan Irish Country Cream for €6.79 and its going down nicely

Advertisement