Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

snowblind wrote: »
    Did you get here from the soccer forums?
    I disagree with you but you know what? It doesn't matter!
    Humuloid reminds me a lot of Attack Frequency by Modern Times which is probably the best NEIPA I've had.  
    Humuloid is brewed in bigger batches and there is much more of it available in Ireland. Not sure about Lervig but who cares?
    Who is hyping what? You sound like one to care about that stuff, i feel like Cloudwater is very good, one of the most interessting new breweries. That doesn't mean I automatically like all their beers more than anyone elses. Their Seville Orange sour was horrible. The V11-V13 DIPAs were quite good. Spring + Summer Citra & Mosaic the best from them I've had.
    Bottom line, you prefer one, I prefer another, you are trying to change my mind, I don't think trying to change someones mind in a matter of taste is feasible or interesting use of my time. I'm glad you enjoy the beers you enjoy!

Dude. I dont care what you drink.
    You did mention lervig yourself, not me.
    I am not trying to argue with you.
    Its just a fact.
    Cloudwater is much more interesting and better value brewery then beavertown.
    Period.
    Availability?
    So, just coz its more of it here in Dublin it makes it better beer?
    Bottom line is beavertown is overhyped and often expensive.
    And they released prety bad beers in their portfolio.
    I never said cloudwater is like trillium, where every release is a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Dude you mentioned cloudwater selling out everywhere as if that meant it was better.

If "Cloudwater is the best brah" is a fact, can you show me a peer reviewed article that comes to that conclusion? Sounds like what you are doing is hyping. You have conceived notions on these breweries and then blatantly say "all x is better than any y". I bet you haven't even tried Humuloid! Which doesn't matter, cuz why would the matter of 'taste' matter when you claim 'facts'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When you're describing a beer tasting better than another as a "fact" you're already losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Oskar Blues - Old Chub 8% (Scotch Ale)
    Picked couple of can's of this up mostly cos I'm a big fan of Founders Dirty Bastard.
    Old Chub is a lovely beer and while its not up with Dirty B, I do plan on picking up another couple of can's this weekend.  Defo worth checking out for anyone who likes this style.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Was in New York with work for a few days over last weekend and early this week, got to try a few great beers with Grimm Tesseract being the highlight of the bunch. Got to bring a nice few home with me too so looking forward to getting through this lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Picked couple of can's of this up mostly cos I'm a big fan of Founders Dirty Bastard.
    Old Chub is a lovely beer and while its not up with Dirty B, I do plan on picking up another couple of can's this weekend.  Defo worth checking out for anyone who likes this style.

Definitely my kind of beer. Where did you get that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Zaph wrote: »
    Definitely my kind of beer. Where did you get that?

Most good off licences will have Old Chub, it's in cans fyi, I'd say the Molloy's in Clonsilla has it

beer_11579.jpg

Most good off licences will have Old Chub, it's in cans fyi, I'd say the Molloy's in Clonsilla has it

Can't say I've ever noticed any Oskar Blues beer in Molloys, but I must take a closer look next time I'm there.

Can't say I've ever noticed any Oskar Blues beer in Molloys, but I must take a closer look next time I'm there.

Molloys in Clondalkin always has Oskar Blues stuff, Death by Coconut, Priscilla, Pinner, etc.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Molloys in Clondalkin always has Oskar Blues stuff, Death by Coconut, Priscilla, Pinner, etc.

Had Death By Coconut recently there for the first time. Amazing beer. I know they definitely don't have that in Molloys in Clonsilla, but if other branches stock the Oskar Blues I must ask them about getting some in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had Death By Coconut recently there for the first time. Amazing beer. I know they definitely don't have that in Molloys in Clonsilla, but if other branches stock the Oskar Blues I must ask them about getting some in.

They had it in Molloys Clonsilla back in Feb. Checked my untappd and can confirm that.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    They had it in Molloys Clonsilla back in Feb. Checked my untappd and can confirm that.

Ah, right, I was off the beer and on strong meds in February so Molloys weren't getting any visits from me around that time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Ah, right, I was off the beer and on strong meds in February so Molloys weren't getting any visits from me around that time. :pac:

Wish they got it back in too as I really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Just finishing a bottle of Third Circle Rye Stout Details are (5.5%)....Newtownmountkennedy. Ingredients Water, Malted Barley, Malted Wheat,Rye and Yeast.

I enjoyed very much. Nice, soft but a slight bitter aftertaste. In short, a very nice stout. 293 calories and 21 g alcohol! 500 Ml. Very informative label!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

20170307_152542-e1488905916329.jpg

Little Bastard Ale

Frothy, medium bodied, moderate bitterness. Not as good as Arrogant Bastard as it's more nondescript and overall it's a fairly middle of the road ale. 4.7% ABV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Commotion Lotion from Yellowbelly. I find them a mixed bag but this is one of their worst beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

n97 mini wrote: »
    Commotion Lotion from Yellowbelly. I find them a mixed bag but this is one of their worst beers.

Had one tonight, didn't like it. Reminded me of snake bite and black.

Having a Founders Doom too. Nice but lacking something. Just lots of malt and alcohol taste. Won't be getting it again at €7.

Siren Bourbon Milkshake - good job I'm a bourbon fan as this is seriously boozy. Very sweet, I think they could have gotten away with dialling down the sweetness a touch without adversely impacting the beer, but it's superb stuff nonetheless.

Siren Bourbon Milkshake - good job I'm a bourbon fan as this is seriously boozy. Very sweet, I think they could have gotten away with dialling down the sweetness a touch without adversely impacting the beer, but it's superb stuff nonetheless.

Yeah that was my overriding impression. Great beer but too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Had a can of Tasty Juice IPA and a Sierra Nevada Sidecar. Loved the tasty juice and I'll be getting more even if it's €6.60 a can. Not a fan of the sidecar. Have another bottle left of it but not in a rush to have another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

KBS 2017

Didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

ThornbridgeBearState.jpg

Had a couple of these over the weekend. Lovely, smooth, crisp and refreshing. Good carbonation and a really pleasant sup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

transik wrote: »
    Well cloudwater is sold out pretty much everywhere.
    Lervig still on shelfs.

Cloudwater is on top of their game, they getting strong recognition from the industry, and i my opinion and many others noone can touch them in europe.
    Beavertown overhyped and often overpriced, look project tempus.
    Tremendous ideas is probably one of the best 2 ipa in the world.

The fact that so little CW actually came into ireland, along with there still being plenty of it still available (if you know where to look), would suggest isn't in such high demand. I myself put up a Can of Tremendous Ideas to trade and got no takers! Humuloid is just as good as anything CW put out, and it's pretty amazing on keg.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Definitely my kind of beer.  Where did you get that?
    I'm in the real capital :)- picked it up in Matson Offie...

I'm in the real capital :)- picked it up in Matson Offie...

Hmmm, I'm down there this weekend. I suppose it would be considered poor form to duck out of a wedding to go to the offie, wouldn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I think it's a fantastic stout. Far better at room temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone had Founders Doom yet? It's on tap in Against The Grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Trond wrote: »

Had a bottle of it last weekend, wasn't overly impressed. Hate to think how much they'll charge for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rodenbach Grand Cru. A sour red/brown ale. I didn't realise it was a sour beer until I took a big gulp from it. :o I enjoyed it after the shock wore off though.

Crooked Stave Hop Savant. Brettanomyces IPA. Just beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Trond wrote: »

Absolutely delicious on tap. Paid for it today though.

Advertisement