Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote:
    I don't know how anyone can even enjoy a beer without taking its temperature with a thermometer and writing it down in a little notebook.

And calibrating the thermometer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hillstown Brewery ,Massey Red ale : A malty red ale sitting in the middle of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

oblivious wrote: »
    And calibrating the thermometer.....

Most pubs won't provide you enough ice to create a proper ice bath, and those burco taps they often use for tea aren't 100C either so you'll never get it calibrated right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Hillstown Brewery ,Massey Red ale : A malty red ale sitting in the middle of the road.

Had another from them called Pamoja , it's a lovely black IPA. Nice coffee hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

White Hag festival Saturday and Big Grill in August, can't wait to hear �� peep's(who's there) opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Looking forward to White Hag Festival myself. Serious line up of breweries at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I can finally drink again. I had Beavertown Humaloid when I got home, before going into hospital and it was an alcoholic mess and way too bitter. First IPA in 4 months and sick so guessing my taste buds weren't working. Still got one more in the fridge with a Whiplash double IPA, surprisingly in a 440ml can

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

slayerking wrote: »
    Serious line up of breweries at it.
    Talking to an Irish brewer last night: they're only allowed one beer each at it. Presumably the visitors will have more.

Well that's stupid. Can't believe that.

Eight degrees are bring three. Do you mean one tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

L1011 wrote: »
    Most pubs won't provide you enough ice to create a proper ice bath, and those burco taps they often use for tea aren't 100C either so you'll never get it calibrated right :pac:

For the ultimate beer geek, self calibrating, portable and only 4,000 euro or so.... :P:P

https://www.amazon.com/Anton-Paar-MKT-Millikelvin-Thermometer/dp/B0725PZHJN

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Well that's stupid. Can't believe that.

Eight degrees are bring three. Do you mean one tap?
    Just saw that Eight Degrees tweet, so, I dunno. Probably best to ignore me as I clearly know nothing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Must be one beer on at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

BeerNut wrote: »
    Just saw that Eight Degrees tweet, so, I dunno. Probably best to ignore me as I clearly know nothing.

The only thing I've heard it's that the beer should be a first in Ireland so that would probably limit some irish breweries to one beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

I can finally drink again. I had Beavertown Humaloid when I got home, before going into hospital and it was an alcoholic mess and way too bitter. First IPA in 4 months and sick so guessing my taste buds weren't working. Still got one more in the fridge with a Whiplash double IPA, surprisingly in a 440ml can

the humaloid isn't great alright. That Whiplash double on the other hand is a very tashty drop imo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Managed to get my hands on a 6 years of Bigfoot case, looking forward to this!

Managed to get my hands on a 6 years of Bigfoot case, looking forward to this!
    Worth hanging on to. My analysis of Bigfeet back to 2008 is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Few months ago I got a bottle of Kinnegar Big Bunny and loved it but I didn't find any since then.....until now!

Hopefully stays as at least semi permanently available. Very smooth and drinkable NEIPA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Anyone know if there's any bottles of Brewdog vs Cloudwater NEIPA floating around Dublin? Molloys have it online but can only buy 1 bottle and delivery is €9 my local branch didn't have any. Had it last week in Underdog and it was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A well overdue Founders Centennial. Relatively fresh too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's any bottles of Brewdog vs Cloudwater NEIPA floating around Dublin? Molloys have it online but can only buy 1 bottle and delivery is €9 my local branch didn't have any. Had it last week in Underdog and it was incredible.

Very limited I'd be surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

siren_turkish.jpg

Siren Turkish

An Imperial Stout inspired by Turkey's coffee tradition and infused with Thai coffee beans. It's smooth, delicious, full bodied and with a hint of figs and vanilla. As is de rigueur with Siren's latest offerings, the standard has been high and this is no different.

Galway Bay Rando, nice beer. €4 for a 330ml in the brewdock made is nicer. Lervig Pale ale also good.
    aaronm13 wrote: »

Molloys D15 had 4 bottles yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seriously considering giving hourly updates from Hagstravaganza today.

Was lucky to be staying in a hotel beside BRLO last year in Berlin and their stuff is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Galway Bay Rando, nice beer. €4 for a 330ml in the brewdock made is nicer. Lervig Pale ale also good.

Molloys D15 had 4 bottles yesterday.

Thanks, think I'll be taking a spin over there today

What beer is that from Kinnegar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

Tiger

Also does look like Irish lads got 1 tap and the foreigners got 3?!

What beer is that from Kinnegar?
    Phunk Bucket? Possibly a collab.. plenty of them on the menu.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Phunk Bucket? Possibly a collab.. plenty of them on the menu.

Style? Keep the updates coming

Advertisement