Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RasTa wrote: »
    Style? Keep the updates coming
    Will try... heading for a big soakage feed in town and heading out on train on 3pm.

Some clearer photos here..

#hagstravaganza on Twitter seems to be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Basq wrote: »
    Will try... heading for a big soakage feed in town and heading out on train on 3pm.

Some clearer photos here..

#hagstravaganza on Twitter seems to be the way to go.

Ah right, thought you were there at the moment.

Ah right, thought you were there at the moment.
    From looking at the menu, I wish! Getting mighty thirsty.

From Sriracha Stout to Pizza Wheat Beer.. gonna be one hell of a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Kinnegar one is a Brett pale ale. Loads of pineapple, some mango and other tropical fruits a slight sour funk.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Really enjoyed Hagstravaganza,thought it was excellent value(330 ml glass for a2.50 token),some lovely stuff and good grub too.
    Only complaints I heard were about toilet queues but they were never that long.

• Advertisement

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Hagstravaganza,thought it was excellent value(330 ml glass for a2.50 token),some lovely stuff and good grub too.
    Only complaints I heard were about toilet queues but they were never that long.
    Yeah, 10 toilets between 1000 people. Wait time was never too long to be honest though.

Jealous reading the reports yesterday, can't wait for the Beavertown one now. Few spare tickets floating about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Was in Dicey Reilly's in Ballyshannon on Saturday evening and had a few of Donegal Brewings Rye IPA that was on tap, beautiful drink. Shame it's only to be a limited edition per the bar-lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Drinking cans of Innis&Gunn - 4 for €10 in Dunnes at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Had Founders Frootwood on tap in The Beer Market the other night. Delicious stuff.

• Advertisement

Whiplash - Saturate might be best beer out of Ireland in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Founders doom. Anyone else sick of barrel aged pale ales? I'm not sure the aging does anything to enhance a pale ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Agree with this, fantastic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yep, its up there with some of the worlds best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Founders doom. Anyone else sick of barrel aged pale ales? I'm not sure the aging does anything to enhance a pale ale.

Thought Doom was OK but I agree - i just think stouts suit that style better.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was in Kehoe's in South Anne Street for the first time in ages last night. All macro beers on tap, so I decided to try a Guinness Dublin Amber pale ale as I thought it might be a bit better than the rest. Never heard of it before, so didn't know what to expect. I think it could best be described as settles like Guinness, colour a bit lighter than Smithwicks, tastes like Budweiser. It was probably the single most non-descript beer I've ever tasted. I thought that as it warmed up a bit there'd be more flavour as it was chilled within an inch of its life. I was wrong, if anything it became even blander. How did this ever get out of James' Gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Zaph wrote: »
    Was in Kehoe's in South Anne Street for the first time in ages last night. All macro beers on tap, so I decided to try a Guinness Dublin Amber pale ale as I thought it might be a bit better than the rest. Never heard of it before, so didn't know what to expect. I think it could best be described as settles like Guinness, colour a bit lighter than Smithwicks, tastes like Budweiser. It was probably the single most non-descript beer I've ever tasted. I thought that as it warmed up a bit there'd be more flavour as it was chilled within an inch of its life. I was wrong, if anything it became even blander. How did this ever get out of James' Gate?

I agree entirely. The people of Dublin should take to the streets to protest about this liquified merde being named as a Dublin ale ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rascals - Foggy Juice IPA Is an incredibly good beer. One of the best I've had of the New England style IPAs

Crafty Brewing Company - Pale Wheat Ale is delicious and the best beer I've had at that price point. Shame I only bought one. IPA up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

BaZmO* wrote:
    Rascals - Foggy Juice IPA Is an incredibly good beer. One of the best I've had of the New England style IPAs

Ya it's great.. Had it in brew dock last week! Any ideas if it's gonna be canned??

• Advertisement

ianob7 wrote: »
    Ya it's great.. Had it in brew dock last week! Any ideas if it's gonna be canned??

Well considering that the one I had came from a can I reckon your prayers have been answered! ;)

Picked it up in Molloys earlier along with a clatter of other nice (hopefully!) beers. :)

RasTa wrote:
    Crafty Brewing Company - Pale Wheat Ale is delicious and the best beer I've had at that price point. Shame I only bought one. IPA up next.

That the American limited edition one?? It's a little beauty and the price is just the cherry on top

Have the new beavertown lervig d.i.p.a chilling in the fridge.. Looking forward to that

BaZmO* wrote:
    Well considering that the one I had came from a can I reckon your prayers have been answered!

BaZmO* wrote:
    Picked it up in Molloys earlier along with a clatter of other nice (hopefully!) beers.

Excellent news!! What was the damage?? I'll hazard a guess at 4.50

Excellent news!! What was the damage?? I'll hazard a guess at 4.50

A quite reasonable (imo) €3.65

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Zaph wrote: »

I tried it out of a bottle and have to say I didn't mind it. I can see why you would say it's bland, it doesn't exactly pack a punch, but I found it drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

tool_juicy_ipa.png

To ol D’Juicy IPA

A nice and juicy DIPA that's rich yet crisp and citrousy. Hazy body with great carbonation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Has anyone tried the Kith and Kin Scottish stout? It's finished off in Teeling whisky barrels....good chocolate effect on the finish and almost feels as if it's carbonated...but a nice stout and I'll get it again

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Kith and Kin Scottish stout? It's finished off in Teeling whisky barrels....good chocolate effect on the finish and almost feels as if it's carbonated...but a nice stout and I'll get it again

Bought this last week and was very disappointed. As ridiculous as it sounds, tasted more like a bland ale than a stout. No body on the stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have a can here so that's a affirmative. :) Molloys are stocking them.

Edit: saw above posts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Disappointing can of Red Doe from White Hag, bit of savoury yeast bite to it which dulled it. I find their IPA range a bit hit and miss sometimes. Will probably stick to Little Fawn from them from now on.

Advertisement