Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FredDunkirk

Hi all! Has anyone tried the new 8 degrees Going Out Out Kölsch? I'm generally a fan of an all-barley pale ale. Looking forward to trying this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hi all! Has anyone tried the new 8 degrees Going Out Out Kölsch? I'm generally a fan of an all-barley pale ale. Looking forward to trying this one..

Not yet, 8 degrees seasonals can be quite slow to get around but they said they would be selling it at the craft beer event at the Camden exchange this weekend.
    That's where I'm planning to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Passenger wrote: »
    beer_130886.jpg

Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout

The finest oatmeal stout I've had yet. Very smooth and subtle flavours.

Looks lovely, I really like a lot of Firestone's stuff. Where did you get it?

One of the very few things I look forward to with the approach of winter is the increase in the amount of stouts being brewed:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I liked it. I wouldn't say it's exactly true-to-style for Kölsch -- not being crisp and lagery enough -- but it's a very decent blonde ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Tried the full range of Foxes Rock beers. I liked the Stout and the Red was pretty inoffensive but the Pale Ale,IPA and IPL weren't great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Decided to have an O Hara's Leann Follain for a change tonight and boy does it still taste good...There best beer by a mile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

dexter647 wrote: »
    Decided to have an O Hara's Leann Follain for a change tonight and boy does it still taste good...There best beer by a mile:)

Having one myself, would love another but centra only had the one left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Love it.

Crazy how they (imo) never really brewed anything else worth bothering with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Having one myself

One of my 'go to' stouts for sure, mostly because it's widely available and just all round a quality stout.
    Love it.

Their Irish Stout is well worth a sup IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Celebrating becoming an uncle for the first time tonight. Wetting the baby's head with Buxton's Ring Your Mother and a decadent KBS. While I was rooting our the KBS, I found a bottle of Battle Horse I totally forgot I had. In the words of Ice Cube.....today was a good day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Their Anniversary Imperial Stout was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm going to Egypt on Saturday, so probably be stuck with some crappy lager or other for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

Love it.

I had their Notorious and Opsession recently and was underwhelmed, however I had their IPA for the first time in a long time and really enjoyed it. But Leann Follain is the pick of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Picked this up in Molloys last night :

Sierra Nevada Six Rights IPA its an 8% DIPA.

Very creamy I thought , you know you were drinking a SN beer and had plenty of tropical flavors going on.

Really liked it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm going to Egypt on Saturday, so probably be stuck with some crappy lager or other for the week.
    Well actually the craft scene is Egypt is quite...

... nah, Sakara and Stella* are probably going to be your lot.

(*not to be confused with Stella Artois)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

ciaran76 wrote: »

Very creamy I thought , you know you were drinking a SN beer and had plenty of tropical flavors going on.

Really liked it.

I had that as part of a mix pack, I thought it was the best IPA I had in a long time. I thought it had a subtle lemon/lime taste to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Love it myself. Long overdue one actually.

Killed it for myself after taking advantage of a pricing error in Dunnes in Stephens Green. Instead of the 4 for €10 sign they had 5 for €10.

Bought 15, wasn't the easiest cycle home that evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Trond wrote: »
    Love it myself. Long overdue one actually.

Killed it for myself after taking advantage of a pricing error in Dunnes in Stephens Green. Instead of the 4 for €10 sign they had 5 for €10.

Bought 15, wasn't the easiest cycle home that evening!

How many did you drink before you got on the bike? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

ciaran76 wrote: »

Really liked it.

Saw this in the offie on the way home today and picked up a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Currently writing my thesis and struggling for inspiration I've routed out a bottle of rochefort 10 that's sat in a wardrobe for 3 years
    Hopefully the monks can give me a dig out with the writing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This Phaethon by Galway bay is pretty delicious. Fruity number.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

KBS tonight. No occasion, just wanted to open it. Absolutely delicious.

Edit: I almost regret drinking it now. Nothing I drink this weekend will compare to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A few pints of Wrasslers in Porter House Central before I have to show my face in *sigh* 37 Dawson street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

RasTa wrote: »
    This Phaethon by Galway bay is pretty delicious. Fruity number.

Loving this, glad I got a few bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

In vegas. Drinking a Bourbon County Brand Stout 2015
    Got a Bourbon County Barleywine 2 liter growler on ice in the sink
    Feels good

However nothing on this trip has yet beaten drinking those damn west coast ipas in LA

Pliny the Elder wasn't even close to the best ones I had

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Top hoppier brews of the trip:
    Modern Times Attack Frequency
    Alpine Not Nelson
    Highland Park Brewing Timbo Pils
    Societe The Apprentice
    Beachwood Citraholic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had a bottled Blacks 1601 Lager tonight. Maybe I'm wrong, but is there a taste of diacetyl off it? Not an unpleasant beer but not crisp like you'd imagine a lager should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tried graffiti pale ale, very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Tried Heineken today....delicious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Dooliner Irish red ale.....on draught.....in doolin..

Lovely beer..creamy guineas like head .and doesn't have that wierd aftertaste o have gotten from other reds.

Advertisement