Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Just picked up that 4 pack of dubbels in Lidl for €5.99. Worth a shot.

I'm new to stronger beers and know nothing about temperatures, so when it says it should be drank at 6 degree what should I do? What temperature is it at on the shelf?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

High teens. Just stick it in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Denali is one of the best beers by 8 degrees. They rarely do much wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Uncle_moe wrote: »

I have that for later on, save me brewing with the hop.

Tried their new sour last night and it was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Just having a ghost hammer ipa by stone now. Very nice! Tasty with a good fruit kick to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Uncle_moe wrote: »

When you consider the pricing and constant specials they really are a top Brewery.

Denali wasn't very exciting. American Wheat Pale by Crafty much better afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

irish_goat wrote: »
    Disappointing can of Red Doe from White Hag, bit of savoury yeast bite to it which dulled it. I find their IPA range a bit hit and miss sometimes. Will probably stick to Little Fawn from them from now on.

I had the same issue too !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a Hope Summer Session IPA yesterday, very enjoyable in the warm sun at the time. Later had a Trouble Saison, I'm letting that be the last Trouble beer I try, another poor,bland effort by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

RasTa wrote: »
    Denali wasn't very exciting. American Wheat Pale by Crafty much better afterwards

I thought it was one of their better offerings, less fruity than a lot of IPAs around at the moment and had a bit of spice to it.
    Stone Ghost Hammer is decent but don't think it's as good as Stone IPA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

Anyone try Stone's Mocha DIPA yet? A coffee double IPA. Really nice but expensive at 8.75 for a 33cl in the Oslo, Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Really like GBB's new Black IPA Lando Calrissian

Never had this beer, like the idea. Trying to find out the price. Hearing it's €30 in McHugh's. Seems reasonable.

DG8_tZFXUAEuQbM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Never had this beer, like the idea.
    Thats the bigfoot 6 pack isn't it... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ooh! I like the look of that. €30 sounds pretty reasonable considering the latest offering is always around the €5-€5.50 mark.

I don't this this years offering is as good as last years though. Still an amazing beer either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Just about to have an all day ipa by Founders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_384377.jpg

Black Donkey Arigna

A Belgian style Dubbel Saison that's rich and resinous with a dark hazy body and loads of head. 8.3% ABV.

I went to a soft launch of Urban Brewing last night. Lovely building downstairs but too fancy for a beer bar. Mainly about the food last night. Just one of their own beers on, a rasberry wit.

However could be some interesting beers coming out since no kegging involved and all the beer coming from the brite tank. Lots of barrels ordered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

M&S Black Pale Ale, made for them by Meantime, another excellent offering and even better as it was part of their 4for3 beet offer. Smooth, malty and all at 4.1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

I went to a soft launch of Urban Brewing last night. Lovely building downstairs but too fancy for a beer bar.

Its a restaurant isnt it?

• Advertisement

Its a restaurant isnt it?

All the beer is being made on site so it's more of a fancy brew pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

I was talking to a guy involved today, the reason you thought it was too fancy for a beer bar and the launch was all about the food is because its a restaurant :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Treating myself tonight to Black Donkey's latest special, the 2016 version of their Arigna Series.

It's a dubbel saison, and I'm drinking it from a Duvel tulip glass. 8.3% abv. One to enjoy slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

I went to a soft launch of Urban Brewing last night. Lovely building downstairs but too fancy for a beer bar. Mainly about the food last night. Just one of their own beers on, a rasberry wit.

However could be some interesting beers coming out since no kegging involved and all the beer coming from the brite tank. Lots of barrels ordered too.

Oh, I'm going to the same even tomorrow evening.

I was talking to a guy involved today, the reason you thought it was too fancy for a beer bar and the launch was all about the food is because its a restaurant :)

They better tell that to the head brewer and I haven't heard of many restaurants ordering in a brew house for their premises! Upstairs will be for the beer nerds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Lads, it's both

Here's the opening line from my invite
    Hi XXX,

Urban Brewing, an ambitious and exciting new microbrewery and restaurant from the team behind

Lads, it's both

Here's the opening line from my invite

I said it was both.

Swordfish carpaccio was my highlight, think I ordered everything off the food menu

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I haven't heard of many restaurants ordering in a brew house for their premises!
    Really? Cork's had one for years: Elbow Lane. Walled City in Derry is one too. You can't go in to either for just a pint (I think; I haven't been to either, for obvious reasons ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

BeerNut wrote: »
    Really? Cork's had one for years: Elbow Lane. Walled City in Derry is one too. You can't go in to either for just a pint (I think; I haven't been to either, for obvious reasons ;))

I was in Killarney Brewing Company last Saturday and it's basically a tap room with a pizza restaurant in it. We had food but there were people definitely there just for a pint. Seems like a nice way to work around the current laws.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »

Elbow lane is literally called brew and smoke house. Above was suggesting it's a restaurant only

Advertisement