Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

Chinock citra from cloudwater pure class

Now, when theay added an option to mix and match pretty much all of their releases, no point buying overpriced beers in dublin

2 days shipping to my doors some cans £4, why would you spend 3.65 on small can from rascals? Cloudwater is on other level.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

transik wrote: »

2 days shipping to my doors some cans £4

Because at some point Revenue are going to get wise and seize the lot?

You are not allowed personally import alcohol by post/courier. There are a tiny number of non-Irish suppliers who are Revenue-compliant for it, brewers are not going to be.

L1011 wrote: »
    Because at some point Revenue are going to get wise and seize the lot?

You are not allowed personally import alcohol by post/courier. There are a tiny number of non-Irish suppliers who are Revenue-compliant for it, brewers are not going to be.

Cool, then continue to overpay for mediocre beers and keeps revenue hoppy:)

8/10 irish at sone point drove down to Newry to stock up on booze, its not a sectet bud:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Do we really need to discuss where and how you got beers in a "what are you drinking" thread? It'll get us nowhere. We should focus on the, you know, beer.

Also "down" to Newry? g'way out of that you heathen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

RasTa wrote: »
    Elbow lane is literally called brew and smoke house. Above was suggesting it's a restaurant only
    Both statements are true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ya think that guy likes cloudwater?

BeerNut wrote: »
    Both statements are true.

So Urban Brewing is just a restaurant?

transik wrote: »
    why would you spend 3.65 on small can from rascals? Cloudwater is on other level.
    Reliability. Cloudwater's bad beers have been a lot worse than Rascals's.

I haven't been yet. I'll report back when I have. Also Revenue hasn't yet listed what kind of on-licence they have.

I haven't been yet. I'll report back when I have. Also Revenue hasn't yet listed what kind of on-licence they have.

They don't have one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Reliability. Cloudwater's bad beers have been a lot worse than Rascals's.

But, but, they're in nice tins from Manchester.

This Beavertown thing is going to be unbelievable judging by the beer lists they are posting daily.
    Crooked Stave’s beer list for the Beavertown Extravaganza

Friday 8/9:
    Petite Sour Blueberry
    Origins Burgundy Sour Ale Aged in Oak Barrels
    HopSavant Brettanomyces IPA
    Surette Provision Saison
    Trellis Buster Double IPA
    Petite Sour Raspberry

Saturday 8/9:
    Von Pilsner
    Colorado WildSage
    Nightmare on Brett Dark Sour Ale Aged in Whiskey Barrels
    L’Brett d’Blueberry
    Mama Bears Sour Cherry Pie
    Petite Sour Peach

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Mac's Sassy Red, bottle from New Zealand. Lovely red ale.

Nope, it's a pub. Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Teeny Tiny Barrel aged pale ale from Dot Brew last night. It's a pale ale aged in Chardonnay barrels. It's quite nice a bit tart and refreshing. You can definitely get the Chardonnay coming through.

Also had a Levirg Tasty Juice which is really good. It's become one of those beers that I always seem to pick up when I see it in the offie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

This Beavertown thing is going to be unbelievable judging by the beer lists they are posting daily.

Anyone going!? I'm rather excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

matrim wrote: »
    Also had a Levirg Tasty Juice which is really good. It's become one of those beers that I always seem to pick up when I see it in the offie

Fantastic beer.

I'm having an Imperial Coffee Stout by Dugges as I type. Great beer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was at the Big Grill earlier, seemed to be a bigger line-up of breweries compared to previous years. Had a very tasty Californian Common from a new crowd called Hopfully Brewing who are launching at the festival (they're based in Clonshaugh, near Dublin Airport). Enjoyed tasting most of their other offerings although I think the beetroot and sage saison was a step too far. :pac:

Also had a really nice Belgian dubbel from Mont, strangely enough. I've never seen anything other than lager from them before. They also had a pretty good schwarzbier, although there was no sign of the orange it was supposed to be flavoured with.

Zaph wrote: »
    Was at the Big Grill earlier, seemed to be a bigger line-up of breweries compared to previous years. Had a very tasty Californian Common from a new crowd called Hopfully Brewing who are launching at the festival (they're based in Clonshaugh, near Dublin Airport). Enjoyed tasting most of their other offerings although I think the beetroot and sage saison was a step too far. :pac:

Also had a really nice Belgian dubbel from Mont, strangely enough. I've never seen anything other than lager from them before. They also had a pretty good schwarzbier, although there was no sign of the orange it was supposed to be flavoured with.

Plan to head in on Saturday. Hopefully the weather holds up as I found it a good day out last year. Sit around and every now and again go up grab a beer and some nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Just having a delicious Boyne Brewhouse IPA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Having a pint of Goodbye Blue Monday, the oats are nicely balanced in this one. Had Floris Kriek earlier, another excellent cherry based beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone going!? I'm rather excited!

Heading over myself.. looking forward to it now myself...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JoeLapira wrote: »
    Having a pint of Goodbye Blue Monday, the oats are nicely balanced in this one. Had Floris Kriek earlier, another excellent cherry based beer.

Whereabouts were you drinking? I introduced my girlfriend to Goodbye Blue Monday this evening, and she had the Floris Kriek afterwards, both in the Wickham Tap in Limerick.

I'd murder a stout or a porter now, but alas I'm back at home. :/

Went to the big grill today. Hopfully were the new guys and they had an interesting Beetroot saison and a nice tropical IPA. I also had a taste of their
    California Common and pale ale which were both nice.

Hope had a really nice Troipcal sour and a decent tropocal IPA.

Wicklow had a festival special of a coconut and chocolate stout which was too much coconut for me but otherwise seemed ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

JoeLapira wrote: »

Whereabouts were you drinking? I introduced my girlfriend to Goodbye Blue Monday this evening, and she had the Floris Kriek afterwards, both in the Wickham Tap in Limerick.

I'd murder a stout or a porter now, but alas I'm back at home. :/

I was in the Wickham Tap aswell, finished off my visit with a Summersalt from Wicklow wolf, a blackcurrant Gose, a decent beer but the saltiness was a bit much for me.

Cloudwater Tm LIFE
    After drinking this, insted of going to drink store to pick something up, i said to my self... whats a point and had me a gin and tonic.
    This beer is another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Founders_Lizard_of_Koz_Imperial_Stout__94939.1493371592.500.440.png?c=2

Founders Lizard of Koz

Wow! Had this on tap in Underdog last night. Rich, sweet luxurious chocolate with vanilla and blueberries. Aged in Bourbon barrels which give it a nice tartness. One of the smoothest Imperial Stouts I've had in a while.

Zaph wrote: »

I had a chat with them on Saturday and they mentioned that there may be some new stuff coming under the brewery name (Manor Brewing) to try get the name out there in preparation for a taproom when the new law comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Had some Pliny the Elder earlier. (Colleague from SF brought some in)
    Decent balanced beer, but nothing amazing, very similar to the old Brewdog Hardcore IPA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

200 Fathoms tonight to celebrate the GAA club staying Senior for another season. Such a beautiful beer.

Advertisement