Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had Stone Express Tangerine IPA last night in Caribou, absolutely gorgeous stuff, it ran out too so only had the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That Beaverillium beer was different in the taste department. I finally understand what dank means when describing beer. No IPA I've had smelt like that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two surprisingly poor cans of yellowbelly citra. What's the usual BBE on those?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Another beer with those mad cans. This time it's from Amundsen Bryggeri. It's a nice Dryhopped American Wheat.

426307.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

by-udder-means-to_ol.png

Tool By Udder Means

Lovely oaty, thick bodied Milk Stout from one of my favourite brewers. They certainly know how to do stout. Creamy and full of flavour. 7% ABV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Goodbye Blue Monday from GBB is back. Not as good as the first lot but still a fine IPA.

Their baby legs is very nice. Ridiculous value at €3.75 for a 330ml.

Also cheers, taphouse. Great night as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had the Hope Tropical Sour and Tropical IPA recently. Both lovely beers. Their specials lately have all hit the spot.

Also, had the NE IPA (Alantean) from White Hag. Was ok but had a slight medicinal taste that put me off

L1011 wrote: »
    Two surprisingly poor cans of yellowbelly citra. What's the usual BBE on those?

Based on what an array of IPAs from different breweries tasted like last night I think my tastebuds are bolloxed at the moment so these might have been fine. Wicklow Wolf, Rascals and another I can't remember all tasted of nothing effectively and were all well in date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anywhere in particular to look out for serving good beers in town at the minute outside the usual spots (ATG, black sheep, brew dock would be my usuals). Going for a few with herself this evening and a friend of mine says underdog has a very good selection, anywhere else I should look in on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anywhere in particular to look out for serving good beers in town at the minute outside the usual spots (ATG, black sheep, brew dock would be my usuals). Going for a few with herself this evening and a friend of mine says underdog has a very good selection, anywhere else I should look in on?

Try Urban Brewery seems nice from all the online reviews and Tweets Ive read the last few days.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/going-out/in-pictures-launch-of-urban-brewing-dublins-newest-craft-brewery-36091399.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Beer Market is one of my faves, P Macs certainly worth a gander, maybe Sweetman's too. Underdog is probably the best craft pub around at the minute imho. Continuously rotating taps and knowledgeable lads behind the bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Jaysus. This must be the best beer list I've ever seen!!!

http://www.beavertownbrewery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Extravaganza-Beer-List.xlsx

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's some list alright. You'd never get through it!

I know if I went I'd end up lamenting the ones that I didn't try! :)

Two TBAs that are likely to have sizeable selections too.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Lough Gill Brewing Co - Round The Clock Breakfast Stout

Just fantastic, tried this last week and have bought nothing since the last few visits to the off licence.

I didn't think the fresh prince of Kildare was anything special. Wouldn't buy again.
    Smelt like my homebrews. Peach in a wet tea towel.

I also got 2 bottles of the American Wheat Pale from Crafty Co yesterday. One was dated bbe June 18 and the other Oct 17. The foam on 17 was crazy. Two totally different tasting beers, was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

RasTa wrote: »
    I didn't think the fresh prince of Kildare was anything special. Wouldn't buy again.

I also got 2 bottles of the American Wheat Pale from Crafty Co yesterday. One was dated bbe June 18 and the other Oct 17. The foam on 17 was crazy. Two totally different tasting beers, was interesting.
    Had it on draft a while ago and liked it but for some reason thought it was a NEIPA, am I imagining that? At least it's not only my home brews that has a it of a smell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

aaronm13 wrote: »
    am I imagining that?
    No, it is. Except the new batch, which is the one in the cans, was inadvertently filtered. I thought it was still great, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

BeerNut wrote:
    No, it is. Except the new batch, which is the one in the cans, was inadvertently filtered. I thought it was still great, though.

Had a can of it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

Fresh prince at the day of release in tap house was fantastic beer. So I rushed to the shop on day one knowing its going to be killer. Could not be further from the true...
    Can version was totally difrent beer, and on top of that not that great either definitely not 6€ great.

I talked to they dude who was responsible for tap version and he said they not going to can it and yet a feew month later they did.

Strange, bizarre, questionable marketing from trouble brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

Totally agree dude, i already express my opinion about it but this is a SECOND time they did that.

I remember a mango ipa released on tap in pc macs as a great beatifull and good value beer, taking haf day off next day to enjoy a couple more, and then a feee weeks later they bottle it, and i have ro say it was discussing beer did not finish my bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yellow Belly - Castaway (Passionfruit Sour).

Went through far too many cans of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Corvo wrote: »

Outstanding.
    The best sour on the market.

'good for the town' strawberry sour was a poor follow up Imo.
    It was like a sweet, watery lager, but happy to see and try new things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Corvo wrote: »

I drank every single can we got of it in work myself instead of selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Outstanding.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

transik wrote: »

Totally agree dude, i already express my opinion about it but this is a SECOND time they did that.

I remember a mango ipa released on tap in pc macs as a great beatifull and good value beer, taking haf day off next day to enjoy a couple more, and then a feee weeks later they bottle it, and i have ro say it was discussing beer did not finish my bottle.
    Weird jet fuel taste to fresh prince of kildare from the can. Draft is a completely different animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

My current tipple of choice:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Corvo

Outstanding.

'good for the town' strawberry sour was a poor follow up Imo.
    It was like a sweet, watery lager, but happy to see and try new things.

Agreed on the Strawberry Sour. Believe there is a Cherry Sour on the way, which I'm looking forward to.
    Adyx wrote: »
    I drank every single can we got of it in work myself instead of selling them.

I can relate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

L1011 wrote: »
    Two TBAs that are likely to have sizeable selections too.

Still no word on Cloudwater's selection! :mad:

Advertisement