Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

jh79 wrote: »
    O'Briens probably your best bet. Free delivery on orders over 60 euro.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/beers/beers/current-offers-beer.html

Nice one! Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Producer Ben

Friend of mine is looking for recommendations for pubs/beer in Clonakilty

De Barras would have a reasonable selection of craft beers. The Courtyard also. O'Donovans Hotel is good too but that place is a night club at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Currently drinking a pint of Omnipollo Aurora, beautiful stuff with real citrus taste to it that's not overpowering. Light on carbonation pouring a light golden colour, one I'll sample again.

Followed by 3 pints of Brewdogs Elvis Juice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

Can someone guide me where in ireland/ Dublin i can buy some whole cone hops?

I dont need much

Thanks in advance

Two Chefs Funky Falcon tonight, very nice Pale Ale with a fruity after taste. Low on carbonation but won't let that faze my judgement on it, very nice pint to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

transik wrote: »
    Can someone guide me  where in ireland/ Dublin i can buy some whole cone hops?

I dont need much

Thanks in advance

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/hops-leaf-hops-c-77_78.html
    https://www.geterbrewed.ie/
    Either of these places should get you sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Open Gate Milk Stout. Meh.

They do appear to just be looking at the less common beers from the major Irish craft producers to clone them - a rye, a citra, a milk stout. And doing it passably at best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Have to agree with what others said about the Yellowbelly Are you not entertained. So average at best with nothing going on, a lot of their recent beers have been this way unfortunately. Had it on tap in The Black Sheep. Tried their collaboration with whiplash and thought it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Have to agree with what others said about the Yellowbelly Are you not entertained. So average at best with nothing going on, a lot of their recent beers have been this way unfortunately. Had it on tap in The Black Sheep. Tried their collaboration with whiplash and thought it was really good.
    Beautiful label designs though, and isn't that what craft beer is about ultimately :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Knucklepuck. A double IPA with Nelson Sauvin hops. It's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

L1011 wrote: »

They do appear to just be looking at the less common beers from the major Irish craft producers to clone them - a rye, a citra, a milk stout. And doing it passably at best

Where did you get it?

I'm mildy curious to try it but never seem to see it anywhere.

Where did you get it?

I'm mildy curious to try it but never seem to see it anywhere.

Local independent supermarket (Donovan's Maynooth). They usually get a small amount of each Open Gate bottle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

A can of White Hag's 'Fleadh' Red IPA. It smells nice, but the taste is underwhelming. Perhaps it's the style - I don't think I've ever had a Red IPA that's really impressed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A super fresh can of BrewDog Hazy Jane, canned 04/10/17. Best before date is 01/11/17, which is mad really. That said, it’s so much nicer than previous cans I’ve had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

New whiplash /Galway bay dipa is decent. Very chewy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

RasTa wrote: »
    New whiplash /Galway bay dipa is decent. Very chewy

Had it the other night. Really enjoyed it. It's called Gravitiy's Rainbow for anybody that's interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Anyone for some Vagina beer?

http://www.orderyoni.com/index.php/faq
    Yes, we take the bacteria from vagina using gynecological stick.

We selected a beautiful, very intelligent woman for our first beer and she personifies beauty, intelligence and will be an inspiration for our future models.

This sour ale is essentially full of femininity, sensuality, charm, passion and sexuality due to vaginal lactobacillus bacteria usage in the brewing process.

Ingredients: water, barley malts (Pilsner, Munich, caramel, roasted), hops (American Cascade, Polish Iunga), cognac oak chips, yeasts, lactobacillus

Unfiltered, pasteurized

Plato 14

ABV 6,1%

The secret of the beer lies in her vagina. Using hi-tech of microbiology, we isolate, examine and prepare lactic acid bacteria from vagina of a unique woman. The bacteria, lactobacillus, transfer woman’s features, allure, grace, glamour, and her instincts into beers and other products, turning them into dance with lovely goddess.

Anyone for some Vagina beer?

You first. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

aaronm13 wrote: »

I have to say I enjoyed it, then again I had it overlooking the Colosseum in the sunshine at midday on Monday ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Will be in Antwerp for two days next week. Anyone been before? Any beer-related recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Kulminator is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Lervig Perler for Svin last night. Really nice and juicy NEIPA but with only light bitterness

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

matrim wrote: »
    Had a Lervig Perler for Svin last night. Really nice and juicy NEIPA but with only light bitterness

Loved that one.

Eight Degrees Cumulus Lupulus

Hazy IPA, medium bodied, citrusy, moderate hops. Decent value too. 7.2% ABV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Not overly impressed with Gravities Rainbow. Both of whiplashes DIPA's were nicer imo.

Value wise it's a rip off given the far far superior Northern Monk Knucklepuck is the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Not drinking it this week but I have an awful craving for Weihenstephaner Vitus after trying it on a recent trip to Berlin!

https://www.weihenstephaner.de/en/our-beers/our-vitus/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Getting too cold for hops now. Xcocoveza is back in town and along with stouts I'm becoming fond of the 750ml bottles of Belgian stuff.

Jopen Mooie Nel IPA and Freeride West Coast IPA tonight. The Jopen IPA is very nice, fruity with a bitter aftertaste. Like the Freeride even though ratemybeer doesn't agree. At 2.50 a bottle each there decent value.

Lidl have two Hogs Back products in at the moment

Gardener's Tipple bitter - meh
    Montezuma's Chocolate Lager - tastes more like those stretchy marshmallow sweets (flogs?) with cocoa. Its actually still drinkable but I'm glad its in a 330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

L1011 wrote: »

I agree not very good at all. Much better than Dublin Porter though, which I reckon to be the most offensive beer I have ever drank.

Advertisement