Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Trouble Brewing Voodoo Logic Imperial Maple Syrup Stout, a beer that's as much of a mouthful as its name. It's a heavy, thick, syrupy and very sweet imperial stout and I love it, although it definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea. It's got a bit of a kick too, but the sweetness hides the 10.1% incredibly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just in the door (I fooking love being a ten min walk from work) and cracked an independent Connemara IPA, its delish

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

51st State IPA from O'Hara's. It's not bad.

Anyone try the West Cork Brewing beers? They are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A can of Twisted Tree Vintage Cidervfrom Aldi. A nice cider, 1:69 and 7.4% for 1:69. I wish it was closer to the 1stg mark it sells for in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭deisedav

Erdinger dunkel, 4 cans for a tenner in tesco, lovely stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hello My Name Is Niamh, from BrewDog, on tap in Mother Mac's in Limerick. It's an Elderflower Double IPA and it is really rather delicious. Shame I'll only be having the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seen that in the off license. Reasonable at €3.30 for a 8.2% DIPA not impressed to see a 6.2% whiplash IPA at €5.

Ended up with a La Trappe Quad. Far too cold for this IPA stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hello My Name Is Niamh, from BrewDog, on tap in Mother Mac's in Limerick. It's an Elderflower Double IPA and it is really rather delicious. Shame I'll only be having the one.

It’s a limited edition release from BrewDog. 9 double IPA's with a different infusion of fruit made exclusively for the country they represent.

They must’ve released singles to each of the countries that are represented as I saw the Niamh one in Molloys

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It’s a limited edition release from BrewDog. 9 double IPA's with a different infusion of fruit made exclusively for the country they represent.

They must’ve released singles to each of the countries that are represented as I saw the Niamh one in Molloys

Thanks for clarifying, I thought the poster was introducing herself!

igCorcaigh wrote: »

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Níl turas ró-fhada idir Luimneach agus Corcaigh. ;)

I've been drinking Malbec since that so I doubt I'll be trying any new beers tonight. But we shall see.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BaZmO* wrote: »

They have, with a different country appropriate name on each. They're selling a limited number of mixed cases with one of each type on their website.

Zaph wrote: »
    They have, with a different country appropriate name on each. They're selling a limited number of mixed cases with one of each type on their website.

Yeah I picked one up last week. Due to a severe case of man flu I haven’t tried them yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Zaph wrote: »
    They sent me all nine. I'm gearing up for a nine-double-IPA horizontal tasting later today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Saison Du pont

• Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A can of Twisted Tree Vintage Cidervfrom Aldi. A nice cider, 1:69 and 7.4% for 1:69. I wish it was closer to the 1stg mark it sells for in the UK.

Was in Aldi this afternoon and didn't see that. Had to make do with Brehon Brewhouse Stony Grey IPA 500mL@6% for 2.49 each. Hadn't tried any of their brews before but this one is pretty good.

No sign of their 26 year old single malt, either :(

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Sorachi saison, picked up in M&S a while back, very tasty, if a little full on. Brewed by @adnams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_237922.jpg

Tool Liquid Confidence Imperial Stout

Smooth, rich, full bodied, nutty, chocolatey and loads of dark fruits. Just one of the most delicious Imperial Stouts I've had yet. 12.2% ABV and not cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm based in the UK and recently tried some of Drygate Brewery's wares.
    They are a Glaswegian outfit, and I was blown away by Chimera their IPA, absolutely delish, toasted, citrusy, zingy deliciousness. They also do a mango IPA called Disco Forklift Truck which is fantastic if you're into something different.
    If in the UK, they are stocked in Sainbury's now as well.
    Plus I love the can art!
    16710-540x335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Sorachi saison, picked up in M&S a while back, very tasty, if a little full on. Brewed by @adnams.
    Adnams do a great Blood Orange Wheat Beer as well which was very surprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a YellowBelly snooze button yesterday and it is lovely.

Also tried a Circle Brewing Rye Stout. It tasted like an old ash tray and I'm glad I only went for the taster.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Mackleton wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm based in the UK and recently tried some of Drygate Brewery's wares.
    I haven't tried any of their beers but I love the whole Drygate idea. C&C is the co-owner and the brewery is part of the Tennent's complex. It would be nice to see them do something similar with their Irish beer brands Five Lamps and Dowd's Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

matrim wrote: »
    Had a YellowBelly snooze button yesterday and it is lovely.

Also tried a Circle Brewing Rye Stout. It tasted like an old ash tray and I'm glad I only went for the taster.

Underdog i presume?

Bit harsh on the Rye Stout. Reminded me of an old porter than a stout. Ive tasted worse....

The O Brother Nitro Stout was fantastic last week. New Rascal's stout is lovely as well.

The stand out was easily the To Oi Black Malts and Body Salts, Cracking beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Trond wrote: »
    Underdog i presume?
    Yeah, popped in on my way through town yesterday.
    Bit harsh on the Rye Stout. Reminded me of an old porter than a stout. Ive tasted worse....

It wasn't for me at all and I normally like rye / smoked beers. I was just glad that I had a mouthful of the Snooze button left to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Had a glass of that too. Really is a fantastic beer.

Had both the Rye Stout and Snooze Button in Underdog the other night too and really enjoyed Snooze Button. One of the lads recommended the Rye Stout but it was most certainly an acquired taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

"Trond wrote: »

Love this. Must get into underdog.

I'd love to see the bottles around again.

Just tasted Sierra Nevada's Hoptimum. Unreal. Literally took half of the next beer for my taste buds to work again. Great stuff. Not for a school night though.

8 Degrees Monsoon Mango & Lime IPA

Light and refreshing though flavour-wise it's fairly nondescript.

Passenger wrote: »
    8 Degrees Monsoon Mango & Lime IPA

Light and refreshing though flavour-wise it's fairly nondescript.

They really need to up their game. Beyond Full Irish and its bigger brother the rest of their range is pretty bland imo.

• Advertisement

Stephens Green News have a black Friday special. 50% off all whiplash beers :-)

Advertisement