Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Seems Aldi are no longer stocking Maissels Weisse. Much to my chagrin.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Founders DKML. It's magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Boulevard Smokestack Series: The Calling IPA last night, plenty going on in this one plenty of fruit flavours like blood orange and grapefruit. One I would gladly drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Someone recommended Narwhal Imperial Stout recently . Thank you! Beautiful...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Someone recommended Narwhal Imperial Stout recently . Thank you! Beautiful...

Aye, it's the bees knees alright.

• Advertisement

Founders Backwoods Bastard. I love that beer so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Seems Aldi are no longer stocking Maissels Weisse. Much to my chagrin.

Aldi's range is not worth looking at anymore. It's as if they've given up

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Seems Aldi are no longer stocking Maissels Weisse

AFAIK the Maissels was stocked just as a special for Oktoberfest promo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Narwhal last night. What a beer. Not perfect but not far off.

Followed it up with a dram of scotch and it was night night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Narwhal last night. What a beer. Not perfect but not far off.

Was tempted by a barrel aged version yesterday. I might cave when I hear back in later in the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

If you're looking for something special for Xmas try the 750ml bottle of brooklyn Black ops, one of the best beers I've tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

matrim wrote: »
    Was tempted by a barrel aged version yesterday. I might cave when I hear back in later in the week
    If you liked Narwhal and imperial stouts in general, you definitely should get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Solus 'Hops and Grains' Brown Porter.

Brewed by Rye River in Kildare, purchased in Tesco.

I'm not really familiar with the style, but it seemed like a cross between a brown ale and a stout. Tasty stuff, I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Zaph wrote: »
    Founders Backwoods Bastard. I love that beer so much.

Have one lined up for over xmas. phenomenal

Anyone come across a stock of founder breakfast stout in dublin?

Its my usual tipple for the Xmas breakfast but having trouble sourcing it this year. Tried Baggott Street wines, drink store, molloys, sweeneys of phibsborough, Martins.. No luck!

Rascals Milkshake Stout. The can says it's brewed with coconut, vanilla and chocolate, but I'm only getting a tiny bit of chocolate and can't detect any coconut at all, but there's loads of vanilla. I'd like to see what it would be like with more coconut, but it's pretty damn tasty all the same.

VW 1 wrote: »

Its my usual tipple for the Xmas breakfast but having trouble sourcing it this year. Tried Baggott Street wines, drink store, molloys, sweeneys of phibsborough, Martins.. No luck!

Can't say I've seen it anywhere in quite a while tbh, but Fresh in Smithfield might be worth trying.

Can't say I've seen it anywhere in quite a while tbh, but Fresh in Smithfield might be worth trying.

Cheers zaph, hopefully I get lucky.
    Backwoods bastard isn't a shabby substitute if worst comes to worst!

Cheers zaph, hopefully I get lucky.
    Backwoods bastard isn't a shabby substitute if worst comes to worst!

Well if you really have to slum it... :D

Molloy's in Clonsilla had a few bottles of KBS left when I was there last week, if you want to stay with the breakfast stouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Breakfast stout is my christmas morning drink aswell! that's concerning its hard to find for this year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Breakfast stout is my christmas morning drink aswell! that's concerning its hard to find for this year!
    None to be had until the New Year, I'm told. It missed the most recent Grand Cru shipment. You can fill your boots with KBS at Fresh, but they don't have any Breakfast Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rascals Milkshake Stout. The can says it's brewed with coconut, vanilla and chocolate, but I'm only getting a tiny bit of chocolate and can't detect any coconut at all, but there's loads of vanilla. I'd like to see what it would be like with more coconut, but it's pretty damn tasty all the same.

Really? I thought the coconut was very prominent, followed by chocolate, then a nice hint of vanilla.

That said, I really liked it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Stephen Street News might have some, they're pretty active on Twitter so that might be best place to contact them if you're not nearby.

Stephen Street News might have some, they're pretty active on Twitter so that might be best place to contact them if you're not nearby.

I work close enough by to make a trip in to them.

Would hate to end the tradition!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

They don't, was there earlier. Got some Lervig 3bean and KBS to fill the void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I will find this stout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

RasTa wrote: »
    I will find this stout

Give the Icebox Balbriggan a shout, I've found some in there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

RasTa wrote: »
    I will find this stout

please let me know if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Stephens St News now have the Black and the White Sow are part of their 4 for a tenner range.....also Neck Oil and Gamma Ray....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Tangerine Express IPA by Stone is one of the best IPAs I've had in a while. Lovely west coast style with lots of hop bitterness but well balanced all the same.

Advertisement