Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

€8.49 in Martin's :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Zaph wrote: »
    If it's handy for you Stephen Street News tweeted that they're selling it for 8.79 a bottle, or 32.99 for a 4-pack. Baggot Street Wines are charging 9.50, with no discount for a 4-pack.

'Handy' is a relative value :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Keg of Full Irish IPA and a Keg of Guinness.

Special occasion :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Keg of Full Irish IPA and a Keg of Guinness.

Special occasion :P

Yearly colonic ?
    :D

Can't get anymore Backwoods Bastard or DKML locally...feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone know what the selection is like in carryout in Charlestown? Is it standard/comparable across all of their stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

For anyone in Cork Brdleys seems to have a lot of stock of CBS/KBS/BS

CBS is phenomenal. I tried Trouble's voodoo logic but the mayple syrup was sickeningly sweet. CBS has the balance just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the selection is like in carryout in Charlestown? Is it standard/comparable across all of their stores?

Haven't been in a long time but was non existent then, doubt it's changed going by the advertisements outside. Molloys in Finglas village isn't bad and of course Sweeney's down the road it excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

limnam wrote:
    CBS is phenomenal. I tried Trouble's voodoo logic but the mayple syrup was sickeningly sweet. CBS has the balance just right.

Got three bottles of CBS today in O'Briens Naas but haven't tried it yet. The voodoo logic was tasty enough to start with but as you say it's too sweet then.

So many great beers at the Bruges beer festival. Bargain of the day so far is 165ml of Westvleteren XII for 2 euro.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Haven't been in a long time but was non existent then, doubt it's changed going by the advertisements outside. Molloys in Finglas village isn't bad and of course Sweeney's down the road it excellent.

Cheers ended up in sweeneys,there and molloys Finglas would be my regular stops, was wondering what that carry out would be like as I've been in the tyrellstown and ashtown ones which were both excellent.

New kbs and a couple of whiplash for later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wickow Wolf Poles Apart South. Decent.

Coco Joe porter by Kinnegar, exceptional for the <4eur price point

Back from Bruges and just a point about the festival. I've never been to one outside of Ireland before but this is how a festival should be done. Proper glasses for a start and every vendor washes your glass before they pour your beer. Pricing too is great, everything cost 1 token (€2), none of this bullsh1t you get here with beer A costing one token or beer B is three tokens. They can do Westvleteren and Mongozo for the same price but not here. Definitely going back next year, the choice of beers is just crazy but the challenge is to keep space to go to all the amazing bars afterwards. The house Triple in De Garretson one of my highlights, packs a punch too at 11%, way too drinkable. 't Brugs Beertje has an incredible selection with great staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a taste of Yellowbelly from Buxton which we brought back from Edinburgh. It was lovely. Anyone know if it is selling over here?

While over there really enjoyed the hanging bat bar. Popped in on Thursday after arriving and they had just started a tap takeover / showcase of their own bed. They had some lovely stuff on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

matrim wrote: »
    Had a taste of Yellowbelly from Buxton which we brought back from Edinburgh. It was lovely. Anyone know if it is selling over here?
    Clada Group imports it so it'll likely be easier to find in Galway than Dublin, though Redmonds of Ranelagh had it in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

New Lervig DIPA: Liquid Sex robot is an outstanding beer.

One of the best if not the best Double I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Always wanted to do one of these 'look what I bought' pics :) This was my first time buying in Stephen St News so as good a time as any:

441179.jpg

Modus Hoperandi BB Sep 2018. Last time I got this in Molloys it was nearly out of date and I wasn't that impressed but this should be better.
    Metalman Sgt. Pepper Sage & Pepper Saison
    Dead Centre Brewing Sourcecode
    White Hag Red Doe American Amber Ale

all for €20. I work not far away from this place, just never knew where it was, so I'm looking forward to working my way through their 4 for €10 range :)

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A special brew from Kinnegar tonight, Coco Joe. A coffee and coconut porter. 4.5% abv. Heaven in a glass after football training.

There was a beer in my fridge, so I drank it. And it was very nice. It was the lervig and cloudwater collab with the rather long name "There's a beer in my fridge, and I need a drink"

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

matrim wrote:
    There was a beer in my fridge, so I drank it. And it was very nice. It was the lervig and cloudwater collab with the rather long name "There's a beer in my fridge, and I need a drink"

How was it ??? Very expensive for what it was so I left it on the shelf

• Advertisement

It was good. As you said it was probably a bit expensive but I enjoyed it. It's described as a rye ipa on untappd but I didn't get any rye. It was a bit dank with lots of mango, pineapple and some blood orange coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picked up some beers from The Five Points Brewing Co. in Molloys earlier. Incredibly good beers

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

My thoughts on tonight's tipples:

Modus Hoperandi : Delivered the goods this time as it was fresh. Iron fist in a velvet glove. Strong but not overpowering hoppy flavours and after I'd finished it couldn't believe it was 6.8%, didn't feel overpowering in alcohol at all.

Sourcecode : Lovely session IPA, if I was somewhere where this was on tap I'd happily drink it all night. I think 'session beers' which are under 4% but cost €€€ are a bit of a rip, this is 4% and being a 440mL/€2.50 deal this just about satisfies my bang per buck antennae.

Sgt. Pepper - Wow. It's weird, very different and lovely all at the same time. I didn't imagine beer could taste like this, but it's in a good way. An excellent beer to start off a session.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

A special brew from Kinnegar tonight, Coco Joe. A coffee and coconut porter. 4.5% abv. Heaven in a glass after football training.

I've heard this a few times now. I feel like I got a dud.

Unremarkable I thought.

Are there any beer trade sites that cater to the Irish market?

I may have got my hands on some super fresh Heady Topper & Focal Banger that I’d be interested in trading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

limnam wrote: »

Unremarkable I thought.

I agree... it's a bit bland right enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Are there any beer trade sites that cater to the Irish market?

I may have got my hands on some super fresh Heady Topper & Focal Banger that I’d be interested in trading.

What you looking to trade? I'm in the UK now and have access to some stuff you won't see in Ireland

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Unremarkable I thought.

Just one of those personal preferences, I suppose. I'm a big fan of their Yannarody but I haven't seen it in a Limerick off-licence for ages. I'd missed it! And everything tastes better after 90 minutes of GAA training.

I've a bottle of White Gypsy's Harvest Ale set aside for watching the hurling this afternoon too.

RasTa wrote: »
    What you looking to trade? I'm in the UK now and have access to some stuff you won't see in Ireland

I’m gonna be boring and say the two Pliny’s. They’ve been on my list since forever.

• Advertisement

Unremarkable I thought.

Have to say I had mine before a KBS watching the superbowl, and at the price point I thought it was an excellent beer.

Advertisement