Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Bevog Rudeen Black IPA, haven’t drank many black IPA’s but this did not disappoint. One I will drink again for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

GBB Hearts & Feints is excellent
    Trouble Brewing Space Juice is a disaster canned. I'm not even just picking one off flavour, it's completely undrinkable and 6 euro a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I keep coming back to rainmaker by o brother. I think it has the potential to be our torpedo, just a beautifully balanced, tasty as **** beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Just had my first ever Treehouse beer - Bbbright. Delighted to get to try it and certainly lived up to the crazy hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Cheesy? It's pure fruit to me. Didn't try it at Altec but got some cans from Beavertown. It's an incredible beer I think.

I think the cheesy flavours are the funky sweaty notes you get from loads of Citra hops (which I assume are in abundance here).

I'm drinking one now and I can definitely get the funky/cheesy flavour from it. But it's also a big juicy fruit bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

snowblind wrote: »
    GBB Hearts & Feints is excellent
    Trouble Brewing Space Juice is a disaster canned. I'm not even just picking one off flavour, it's completely undrinkable and 6 euro a can.

I found Space Juice very drinkable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Had it on tap and thought it was lovely stuff too.

On tap? I've had it before on tap and it was alright / pretty good. Just warning about the cans. This might be the most obvious case of 'lack of quality control' = batch that should have been tossed. Unfortunately not a new thing at all with Trouble.

Ambush has been consistently great, got to give that to them! But I'll stay away from any other cans

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

I haven't had space juice. I loved fresh prince of Kildare on draft, out of a can it was horrendous.. Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Also had it in on top and thought it was lovely !
    Might stay clear of the canned variety .

Have a lervig liquid sex robot double for later and another do not open till 1985 :D

• Advertisement

If you don't know what diacetyl off flavour tastes like, space juice is probably the best (grossest) example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Have this cloudwater/half acre tipa for later. 3 days old. Track bonsai neipa is amazing though.

Think us Irish are miles behind UK atm

Kaapse Brouwer's Maria IPA, not bad, a lot of citrus going on which I wouldn’t be a fan of to be honest.

Picked up a couple of bottles of Perfect Storm in Aldi earlier. Forgot how much I like this. Just a classic lightly hopped ale with a lovely sweet background. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Northern Monk can do no wrong at the moment. Their Death stout is excellent.

Embrace the daylight by whiplash is also fantastic.

Slightly different one from Cloudwater tonight. The second iteration of their Brown Ale. Beautiful smooth sweet malts with nutty chocolate notes in abundance. Probably the best Brown Ale I’ve ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

My trip to bruges is going swimmingly well.

The Halve Maan tour yesterday was great, lots of steep and narrow stairs though!

So far have had, Brugse Zot, their double, Straffe Hendrik Triple and Quadruple. Rodenbach, Rodenbach Grand Cru. Gulden Draak. Left out, SB 12 and Rochefort 10.

In The Bottle Shop yesterday I picked up Gulden Draak 9000 quadruple, Buffalo Belgian Stout and finally, a Westy 12. The man serving me in the shop gave me some very strict instruction om how tgis should be stored, treated and drank.

Unfortunately i wont be able to adhere to the rules as we fly back tomorrow and cant bring it as carry on! Looking forward to opening later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,515 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

VW 1 wrote: »
    My trip to bruges is going swimmingly well.

The Halve Maan tour yesterday was great, lots of steep and narrow stairs though!

So far have had, Brugse Zot, their double, Straffe Hendrik Triple and Quadruple. Rodenbach, Rodenbach Grand Cru. Gulden Draak. Left out, SB 12 and Rochefort 10.

In The Bottle Shop yesterday I picked up Gulden Draak 9000 quadruple, Buffalo Belgian Stout and finally, a Westy 12. The man serving me in the shop gave me some very strict instruction om how tgis should be stored, treated and drank.

Unfortunately i wont be able to adhere to the rules as we fly back tomorrow and cant bring it as carry on! Looking forward to opening later today.
    Make sure you visit De Garre and try the house beer. A great spot and a sneakily strong beer.

Make sure you visit De Garre and try the house beer. A great spot and a sneakily strong beer.

I second this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Alas, im currently sipping a de garre hpuse tripel. You'd never wander in here by chance. The cheese with each round is a nice touch.

I love bruges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Their house Triple is unreal and a great spot. Go to t'Brugs Beertje too if you haven't been.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Their house Triple is unreal and a great spot. Go to t'Brugs Beertje too if you haven't been.

Took home their house beer and a glass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

It didn't have an alarm on it no?!

It didn't have an alarm on it no?!

Ha, bought it.

Boyne Brewhouse Oatmeal Stout. On special in Tesco. Awful burnt, acrid, dry flavours. Totally missing the point of an Oatmeal Stout.

slayerking wrote: »
    Any sightings of Porterhouse Chocolate Truffle Stout yet?

Seems like the waiting is over! https://www.facebook.com/PorterhouseTempleBar/posts/10155179416355826

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

BaZmO* wrote: »

Excellent! I was worried there for a while that we wouldnt see it this year due to Bounty Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Midlands Brewing Collective, Breathren Brown, American style brown ale. Thoroughly enjoyable drop, malty,hoppy and well carbonated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Just got Yellowbelly Castaway Passionfruit Sour back on draught in work so enjoying a pint of that.

• Advertisement

Couple of bottles of To Øl First Frontier waiting in the fridge for later.

Advertisement