Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Getting ready for Good Friday with a nice can of Death.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Came across a bottle of Siren Blacklight Banana that I'd somehow neglected until now. It's about 6 months past its best before date, but I wouldn't let a little thing like that bother me. Disappointingly the beer didn't have any banana flavour at all, possibly due to its age, but as imperial stouts go it ticked all the boxes and was very enjoyable all the same.

Following it up with a Porterhouse Bounty Hunter. Coconut is one of my favourite things in the world, so I was really looking forward to it but this is not a good beer. The smell is truly awful, it's a bit like burnt coconut. The flavour is marginally better, but again it's more of a burnt coconut flavour than the sort of sweet, rich taste you get from something like Death by Coconut. I think I'm going to give up on this and have a whiskey to get the taste out of my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Drinking a Storm King imperial stout by victory brewing. Its a hoppy stout, reminds me of oharas celebration stout from years ago. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I really enjoyed a few of Hopefully's beers last night in Abbot's, Cork. Beetroot Saison was lovely and I loved the chilli (and pineapple?) beer. Couple of solid pa and ipa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

On a very rare day out. Decided to go for a few to Porterhouse. Has the wrasslers recipe been toned down??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Currently enjoying a $5 Dollar Shake by Cinema Brewers, a vanilla, red apple & blueberry IPA. Can certainly taste the blueberry and apple, not overly sweet either going by what’s in it. Would definitely drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zaph wrote: »
    Following it up with a Porterhouse Bounty Hunter. Coconut is one of my favourite things in the world, so I was really looking forward to it but this is not a good beer. The smell is truly awful, it's a bit like burnt coconut. The flavour is marginally better, but again it's more of a burnt coconut flavour than the sort of sweet, rich taste you get from something like Death by Coconut. I think I'm going to give up on this and have a whiskey to get the taste out of my mouth.

Just having one now. It’s not great at all. I can’t put my finger on it but there’s a weird vegetal smell off, like torn plant leaves or something. Not a patch on Death by Coconut

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Galway Bay Hexed IPA 8.5%

This is delicious like grapefruit juice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One bottle each of Delirium Nocturnum and Chimay Bleu tonight. Little bit of luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Kernel Table Beer where have you been all my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

wakeupdead1.png

Left Hand Brewing Wake Up Dead

Imperial Stout from the brewery that brought us the famous Nitro Milk Stout. This is better imho. Falvoursome, boozy, dark chocolate, mild bitterness, medium bodied. 10.2% ABV.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Carlton Cold is an excellent Aussie beer. Half ale half lager. Perfection when cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Carlton Cold is an excellent Aussie beer.
    Are you in Ireland... ? A friend of mine has been looking for Carlton for a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Crooked Stave HopSavant. Lovely Brett funk with some mango and light bitterness on the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Found a gorgeous Japanese beer in kenmare that I've never seen before, going down velly well;

20180407_200911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Tried Hedonic Escalation by Northern Monk last night t'was delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Tried Hedonic Escalation by Northern Monk last night t'was delish.

Think that's magic rock not monk

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

ianob7 wrote: »
    Think that's magic rock not monk

Cheers, I am forever mixing them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭deisedav

Found a gorgeous Japanese beer in kenmare that I've never seen before, going down velly well;

20180407_200911.jpg

They have this on tap in one of the pubs here. It always goes down well

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Cheers, I am forever mixing them up.

So many now it's easily done. Where did you purchase that ?? Pub or off license? Sounds like one I'd love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Dreamcatcher on cask at Against the Grain was great. will have to try a bottle of it.
    Apart from that, I have to say Agianst the Grain was really poor on Friday - the first 5 beers I asked for were not available. Pretty much only a choice of Galway Bay and a few usuals like All Day. Not going back in a hurry as this seems to be a common occurrence with GB pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Dreamcatcher on cask at Against the Grain was great. will have to try a bottle of it.
    Apart from that, I have to say Agianst the Grain was really poor on Friday - the first 5 beers I asked for were not available. Pretty much only a choice of Galway Bay and a few usuals like All Day. Not going back in a hurry as this seems to be a common occurrence with GB pubs.

Brewdock was the v same. Alfie's seems their most organised pub at the moment. Great selection there on Friday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Trond wrote: »
    Brewdock was the v same. Alfie's seems their most organised pub at the moment. Great selection there on Friday as well.

Yeah, the manager of Alfie's is by far GBB's most knowledgeable when it comes to beer and the general running of a bar. He also managed The Beer Market and Brewdock before and he'd always have some interesting brews on tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This is decent value. Referral link but you get 9 Mikkeller beers delivered for €25. Cancel anytime. I went for the beer mail 250DKK including the 50% discount

http://mikkelleraps.refr.cc/simono

I'll probably cancel after the first delivery, looking for to trying something other then IPA's

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I drink Kronenbourg today

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Having a crooked stave brett ipa, it's not great, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Had a bottle of Lagunitas IPA Maximus tonight ... very nice. Like an even smoother Sumpin Ale, hard to believe it’s 8.2% ABV

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Odell Settle Down Brown, a brown ale with a nice bitterness. Smoky, smooth and thoroughly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Timistry

Passenger wrote: »
    wakeupdead1.png

Left Hand Brewing Wake Up Dead

Imperial Stout from the brewery that brought us the famous Nitro Milk Stout. This is better imho. Falvoursome, boozy, dark chocolate, mild bitterness, medium bodied. 10.2% ABV.

Tried the milk Stout in D.C last week. It was heavenly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

On the Yellowbelly Citra Pale Ale today.. Absolutely lovely

Advertisement