Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Whathefeck

Tyskie.
    Just noticed it's 5% alcohol now!
    When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

That 8bit is a fabulous beer ... The price is just the cherry on top

Gonna try and buy some of the last few cans today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Didn't think 8 bit was great. Thumper much more enjoyable and cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Whathefeck wrote: »
    Tyskie.
    Just noticed it's 5% alcohol now!
    When did that happen?
    Asahi changed the abv from 5.5% to 5.0% by removing the glucose syrup in may 2018.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyskie

RasTa wrote:
    Didn't think 8 bit was great. Thumper much more enjoyable and cheaper too.

Agree on thumper it's excellent also IMO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had to get some generic, already cold beers today so bought an 8 pack of Rockshore

Two shots of vodka in a 500ml glass of water would have been more effective and cheaper. Tastes of nothing even more than Coors Light tastes of nothing, which takes some doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

L1011 wrote: »
    Had to get some generic, already cold beers today so bought an 8 pack of Rockshore

Two shots of vodka in a 500ml glass of water would have been more effective and cheaper. Tastes of nothing even more than Coors Light tastes of nothing, which takes some doing.

Merci, Gratias, Danke, GRMA plus many other tongues! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I had a beer tonight that brought me back to my early days of growing to like "craft" beers. Sierra Nevada porter. Wish I'd bought more than one bottle now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A can of Aldis Twisted Tree vintage cider. Reduced to 99cent along with the hopped variety.

Filled the boot.

Tried four of the new LIDL range of beers last night:

Voreia (Greek owned brewery)- IPA 7% and Wit Beer also 7%. Think they had a Pilsner on sale also.
    Tektonic (Slovenian brewery) - American IPA 6.1% and Witbier 4.8%

All four were pretty tasty, with the Tektonic Witbier being the standout of the bunch. They were all longnecks priced at either 2 for €3 or 2 for €2.50. Will definitely try all four again as I had two of each and the Voreia IPA didn't really get a fair trial considering i was 6 bottles deep by the time i got around to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

L1011 wrote: »

Took one for the team there L1011 :)

Tried four of the new LIDL range of beers last night:

Was in my local one on Sunday picking up a few things and had a look in the beer isle, didn't see those. Didn't have a great selection of 4 for €10 craft bottles, I got two O'Haras Hop Adventure (can't remember name of hops, but it's a new one) which were nice, and two Bru IPAs which were pretty bad. Looked and tasted much more like a flat lager than an IPA, with a sort of a burnt aftertaste.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

if in Lidl and looking for a cheap sipper in the warm weather, you could do worse than 6x500ml of their Perlenbacher Pilsner @7.39.

Gone down well enough over the last week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

VW 1 wrote: »
    if in Lidl and looking for a cheap sipper in the warm weather, you could do worse than 6x500ml of their Perlenbacher Pilsner @7.39.

Gone down well enough over the last week for me.

They had the XXL deal last week, 8 for the same price

Fanzine beers arrived today. £11 delivered, better be good. Tis a good idea though

DeguEvIW4AABfB7.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm signed up for Fanzine too. I can get 8 cans of Punk for £9 in Tesco so it is quite expensive when compared to that but it's a nice novelty and the first 2 packs I got were decent (haven't drank the 10% imperial stout yet though). There's not many new releases of beer up here in Derry either so it's a handy way to get something interesting to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I just received Week 2, which is weird because my subscription was cancelled because apparently they can’t deliver Fanzine in Ireland. Ever weirder that I received a refund at the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I just received Week 2, which is weird because my subscription was cancelled because apparently they can’t deliver Fanzine in Ireland. Ever weirder that I received a refund at the time too.

Win, lose, win.
    Good result!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Win, lose, win.
    Good result!

I also got a voucher for the online shop, so win, lose, win, win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

A few 8 Degree Full Irish nicely chilled since Tuesday waiting for me tonight

Was at a tasting of the new Rascals 5 series NEIPA 5%, a bit meh if I'm being honest .

Much preferred the first 7 series beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Lidl have Bush blonde this week as well as the Belgian selection box, a couple of Greek beers as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

21° ..... Kinnegar Olan's tart .. kettle sour with apple... perfect for today...will have a few White Hag Lemon sours too

This is the best juicy one I've had in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

DeMolen_Amarillo_820x.jpg?v=1507819868

De Molen Amarillo Imperial IPA

Best IPA I've had in a long time. Sweet, malty, full bodied, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Passenger wrote: »

An absolute beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Passenger wrote: »

There 21 Grams is another very nice Imperial IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

450x450.jpgImpressed with this, not usually an IPA/Weizen combo fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Had a White Hag The Puca earlier - dry hopped lemon sour berry hibiscus & ginger.

It's beer but not as we know it Jim. Bright pink with a small head. Tastes a bit like liquidised Haribo extra sour sweets. Nice but I'll keep the second can in reserve for another day, one of these is plenty and it's actually a good way to start off a session - give the tastebuds a glass of water before moving on to the next beer though.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Had a Wicklow Wold Ranchero Rauchbier this evening. Being a big Schlenkerla fan, I had set myself up for disappointment, but I thought it was great. Haven't found too many other beers brewers that can pull off a decent rauchbier, and when they do, it's usually a lot more expensive than Schlenkerla, so thumbs-up to Wicklow Wolf. Still pricey by comparison, but fair play to them for succeeding where so many (in my view) have fallen short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Had Whiplash Clap Hands American Wheat on tap. It looks soupy was surprisingly refreshing on a hot day. Not too sweet or sickly, but would still like a little more bitterness to balance it out.

Advertisement