Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Mania

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BDJW wrote: »
    I was planning on buying it regardless, but the price was a nice little surprise. I had thought it was out closer to Christmas for some reason though!

Can't come soon enough for me!
    That dusty old switch needs a game to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Saw the pre-order was €19.99 on PS Store, so went ahead and ordered it at lunch time.

Better be good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Forgot about this. Preordered mine on Amazon last October. Glad I checked my account as my card was out of date. Dispatching on Monday so hopefully have it next week. Is the code for download universal or region locked to the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

eamo22 wrote: »
    Forgot about this. Preordered mine on Amazon last October. Glad I checked my account as my card was out of date. Dispatching on Monday so hopefully have it next week. Is the code for download universal or region locked to the uk.
    Thanks for mentioning that I forgot to check mine. PS4 is not region locked, I doubt PC would be either.
    Most stuff is Ireland/UK anyway, there's no Ireland specific place for downloading a game

Thanks for mentioning that I forgot to check mine. PS4 is not region locked, I doubt PC would be either.
    Most stuff is Ireland/UK anyway, there's no Ireland specific place for downloading a game

Cool looking forward to it. Seen a video on Twitter yesterday of the unboxing its the only reason I checked my order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

eamo22 wrote: »

PC shouldn't be locked and the Xbox One uses global codes. The PS4 and Switch codes will be locked to the region of purchase, Europe, North America etc.

Have the Xbox One version ordered from Amazon US, they cut the price of it down to $48, costing me €70 including tax and shipping.

The PS4 and Switch codes will be locked to the region of purchase, Europe, North America etc.

Have the Xbox One version ordered from Amazon US, they cut the price of it down to $48, costing me €70 including tax and shipping.
    Weird, my PS4 order from Canada says region free? https://www.videogamesplus.ca/sonic-mania-collectors-edition-ps4-p-24242.html
    Do you pay duty ahead on Amazon? I can't remember. Was only thinking about that yesterday getting caught on delivery.

Weird, my PS4 order from Canada says region free? https://www.videogamesplus.ca/sonic-mania-collectors-edition-ps4-p-24242.html
    Do you pay duty ahead on Amazon? I can't remember. Was only thinking about that yesterday getting caught on delivery.

You prepay customs with Amazon, they refund it if customs don't apply a charge. This is quite handy as it avoids the €10 "handling charge" that An Post add when collecting customs charges.

You'll still be able to use the code with your PS4 order, but you will need to set up a Canadian or US psn account to do so.

You prepay customs with Amazon, they refund it if customs don't apply a charge. This is quite handy as it avoids the €10 "handling charge" that An Post add when collecting customs charges.

You'll still be able to use the code with your PS4 order, but you will need to set up a Canadian or US psn account to do so.
    Maybe I should cancel and switch to Amazon. I was thinking it might be too late and my order would cancel on the day. That just a Nintendo thing not being stocked?

Ah yeah I get you! Just looked and you can have multiple region accounts like PS3, phew. Haven't picked one up yet but I'm sure that's what I'll buy next.

If anyone is interested still some ps4 versions on the Spanish Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Are ye all getting the collectors edition? Anyone know (or have any theories) why they only provide a code to the game rather than an actual disc. Some of the items are pretty cool but do they warrant approximately €60 of a price difference?

Are ye all getting the collectors edition? Anyone know (or have any theories) why they only provide a code to the game rather than an actual disc. Some of the items are pretty cool but do they warrant approximately €60 of a price difference?

Its a downloaded game so no disc.Which is annoying. As a huge sega and sonic fan its worth the extra money to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Sound. Been checking some articles out and it's gonna be in the 108-120MB range so should be a quick DL. Played my first Sonic game on a Sega Master System before my eldest nephew was born. Really loved Sonic when I was younger so probably going to break my no digital games rule for this as I've been checking up on it frequently since hearing about it and now it's only five days to go. €20 is cheap for the nostalgia it will provide :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I pre-ordered this on the Xbox last night :D

What would have made the collector's edition a little more special would have been the download code presented in a megadrive case or a mastersystem case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must preorder it for the Switch.
    It looks fantastic.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I must preorder it for the Switch.
    It looks fantastic.

Can't preorder due to Nintendos crappy online infrastructure, will need to purchase and dl on Tuesday.

148mb on switch anyway, so it won't take long to d/l :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

would have loved a physical version with all the collectors goodies for the switch. ah well just delighted we are getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

would have loved a physical version with all the collectors goodies for the switch. ah well just delighted we are getting it.

There is a physical collectors edition available but has code instead of disc, it was exclusive to Amazon in Europe I think. Apparently it may be sold in other retailers over time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072PZPG9G

Also the animated opening has leaked due to some retailers in Europe releasing it too early. Don't watch if you want to save it for launch day.

https://my.mixtape.moe/lrudod.webm

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/zA9zwpMj_8A
    Sonic mania intro. Nice little streets of rage Easter egg in there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Inviere

A bit cartoonish, also reminded me of the Sonic CD intro...but is is shaping up very nicely. If they get the physics and movement right, and in line with he classic games, then they'll have nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Inviere wrote: »
    A bit cartoonish, also reminded me of the Sonic CD intro...but is is shaping up very nicely. If they get the physics and movement right, and in line with he classic games, then they'll have nailed it.

Perfectly cartoonish. Gorgeous animation and much prefer the old, smaller Sonic to the modern, tall one.

Damn it to hell!

:pac:

Pre ordered this earlier, my first time pre ordering a game since GTA San Andreas. Hope it's good :)

Ps4 and Switch Collectors editions back in stock on Amazon guys. Was checking to see if mine had dispatched yet but nope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still not as good as Mario :P

Can't wait to give this a go, been too long since there was a really good 2D sonic game. Generations and Colours I feel only got praised for not being decent in a sea of terrible sonic games and the Advance games are not good, not sure why they are so well liked.

Advertisement