Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Mania

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I suppose so, it's disappointing there's no physical copy.

I still can't wait for my figure though. It'll look great with my Seha girls figures and my other Sega figures and stuff. Oh I got the vinyl for Sonic Mania too...
    I might make a shrine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

You could try watching this? I haven't yet but I know it makes the Sega fanfare but I want to wait and see it up close first.

I hadn't realised that Ashens had a video on it up, brilliant! I'll definitely watch this later on, thanks. :)

MissMayo wrote: »
    I hadn't realised that Ashens had a video on it up, brilliant! I'll definitely watch this later on, thanks. :)
    No problem at all, it's not long I think only thus morning. I want to make my own opinion if it so trying to stay away from that stuff and ones about the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Got it on XB1. So enjoyable!

Sonic Mania arrived this morning, thanks to Atavan for helping with my order, I'd a bit of a hiccup. I'll be moving it around just had it like this for photos. Can't play it yet so I'll just enjoy the figure for now.
    21122619_1977838579101445_3419675726503930582_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=65de5c44f0bf90eaf8dcdcd526210a5c&oe=5A335DD1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Forgot how fun going Super Sonic is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Downloaded yesterday. Really cool, just like old Sonic. How many different zones is there? I got to the one after something battery zone then had to switch off to visit the folks. Put Dark Souls on when I got home but this is calling to me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Finished the game tonight. Really enjoyed it. Will definitely play through it again at some stage in the next few months!

Downloaded yesterday. Really cool, just like old Sonic. How many different zones is there? I got to the one after something battery zone then had to switch off to visit the folks. Put Dark Souls on when I got home but this is calling to me again.

12 zones, with 2 acts in each

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God Damn but i enjoyed the hell out of that, and it was bastard hard in places too.

Plenty of easter eggs tho, especially liked the boss that had a nod to the Revenge of the Shinobi in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

picked this up yesterday, its fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Reports coming out yesterday/today that the Steam version requires an internet connection to play and has Denuvo DRM on top of the steam DRM (with many people blaming implementation of Denuvo for the 2 week delay).
    Some people also accusing Sega of giving Sonic 1 to pre-purchasers so they could bypass Steams refund policy. The thinking is that they may have expected people to want refunds for their pre-orders when they found out about Denuvo, but because the bonus game was tied to the purchase of Sonic Mania, the time you have to decide for a refund started when you downloaded Sonic 1, NOT when Sonic Mania was released yesterday, and so would be already up by the time the extra DRM was revelaed.

Pretty scummy thing for Sega to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Reports coming out yesterday/today that the Steam version requires an internet connection to play and has Denuvo DRM on top of the steam DRM (with many people blaming implementation of Denuvo for the 2 week delay).
    Some people also accusing Sega of giving Sonic 1 to pre-purchasers so they could bypass Steams refund policy. The thinking is that they may have expected people to want refunds for their pre-orders when they found out about Denuvo, but because the bonus game was tied to the purchase of Sonic Mania, the time you have to decide for a refund started when you downloaded Sonic 1, NOT when Sonic Mania was released yesterday, and so would be already up by the time the extra DRM was revelaed.

Pretty scummy thing for Sega to do.

It's a bit overkill to laden DRM onto such a cheap game, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's a bit overkill to laden DRM onto such a cheap game, isn't it?

Reading the discussions on the steam page and it was suggested by someone that the DRM was purely to stop people messing with the online leaderboards in the time trial section. Apparently, this hasn't worked as the current leading for the first level has a time of 1 second.
    So not just secondary DRM, but completely ineffectual DRM too :pac:.

Reading the discussions on the steam page and it was suggested by someone that the DRM was purely to stop people messing with the online leaderboards in the time trial section. Apparently, this hasn't worked as the current leading for the first level has a time of 1 second.
    So not just secondary DRM, but completely ineffectual DRM too :pac:.

Brilliant! :D

Have you ever seen an online leaderboard, where the person sitting in 1st, DOESN'T have a time of 1 second? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thought this might be of interest.

Did my own unboxing of the Collector's Edition last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

excellent game..perfectly plays like the original.

Would of liked completely new zones but hopefully this gets done with DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Brilliant! :D

Have you ever seen an online leaderboard, where the person sitting in 1st, DOESN'T have a time of 1 second? :pac:

I seen someone with a -99999999 time on a sega game before(think it was Jet set radio)

jos22 wrote: »
    I seen someone with a -99999999 time on a sega game before(think it was Jet set radio)

These people are so good!
    I'll never beat them with my time of 3min 27sec :D

In Sonic related news, I actually hit the 10 min level cap the other day playing Mania, whilst fighting a boss.
    I didn't know if it was still a thing, and found out the hard way it definitely is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Playing this on Switch and really enjoying it! Side scrolling platformers are so much better than open world.

• Advertisement

Sega forgets to connect the LED on the collectors edition statue:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

jos22 wrote: »

In Sonic related news, I actually hit the 10 min level cap the other day playing Mania, whilst fighting a boss.
    I didn't know if it was still a thing, and found out the hard way it definitely is :)
    that happened to me in the final zones got caught up in the maze loops, then I saw the time starting to flash and then I died

Cap? As in if you don't finish an act in 10 minutes you die?

I was struggling on Hydrocity zone Act 2. The boss where you are in water. Finally beat it this morning. Next act is mirage or something. Is there many more zones after this? Someone earlier said 12 zones in total but feels like more.

Cap? As in if you don't finish an act in 10 minutes you die?

I was struggling on Hydrocity zone Act 2. The boss where you are in water. Finally beat it this morning. Next act is mirage or something. Is there many more zones after this? Someone earlier said 12 zones in total but feels like more.

Yeah, if the clock hits 10 mins, you die and lose a life :D

You can check how many levels you've discovered and yet to find in the main menu somewhere. Have a look around, you'll find it!

Yeah, if the clock hits 10 mins, you die and lose a life :D

You can check how many levels you've discovered and yet to find in the main menu somewhere. Have a look around, you'll find it!

To check it, go to time attack, chose your character, and and then you have to select your zone. It will list all zones you have completed as available to play, and then at the both of the list all other zones will be greyed out with question marks. These are the zones you have yet to complete

BDJW wrote: »
    To check it, go to time attack, chose your character, and and then you have to select your zone. It will list all zones you have completed as available to play, and then at the both of the list all other zones will be greyed out with question marks. These are the zones you have yet to complete

That's it, couldn't remember exactly where I'd seen it :)

Nice one, thank you both.

Ran out of time on the titanic monarch zone on numerous occasions. In fact I have never successfully finished it within the 10 minute time limit, only managing it because the clock resets. Can it be done? I didn't get stuck anywhere, it just seems to be a long level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ran out of time on the titanic monarch zone on numerous occasions. In fact I have never successfully finished it within the 10 minute time limit, only managing it because the clock resets. Can it be done? I didn't get stuck anywhere, it just seems to be a long level.

Can't say I've ever ran out of time. Generally, due to excellent level design in Sonic games, I just run in a direction, and I always seem to end up at the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Anyone know if the old cheat works from the mega drive days? I can't remember it or get it to work anyway.

down up left left right a + start?

Advertisement