Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit advice!

Options
  • 23-07-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I moved into a double room in a house last week, paid my deposit (€600) and the rest of the rent due for the month (€350).

I haven't signed a lease, landlord doesn't know I'm there, other tenant has my deposit.

I found out some stuff and I can't face living there anymore. Told this to the main tenant and he flipped. Says he's gonna keep my deposit unless he finds someone by the end of my month and deduct from it at a daily rate.

I'm moving out after four days and spending 950, I'm almost certain Im entitled to that deposit.

What can I do here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Seems reasonable to keep part of the deposit to offset the loss by having you move in and not someone else. Obviously their can only cover their loss and no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

What stuff did you find out?

Do you know if the other tenant has permission from the landlord to sublet?

Are you sharing a double room with someone else or have you the room to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Have you asked for the issues to be fixed? I'm presuming they issues are related to the property.

Advertisement