Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise insurance

Options
  • 23-07-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Nice one just heard on the radio Enterprise Insurance just went belly up. From what I've read I'll be given 10 days notice? Might seem a silly question but is my insurance broker responsible for covering any extra cost regarding new policy 😨

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

skipsheen wrote: »
    Nice one just heard on the radio Enterprise Insurance just went belly up. From what I've read I'll be given 10 days notice? Might seem a silly question but is my insurance broker responsible for covering any extra cost regarding new policy 😨

Unfortunately not.

The only time a broker could be liable for a shortfall that may arise in a premium or policy cover would be if they (the broker) had entered incorrect details and that resulted in the mistake. As its the actual insurer that's gone belly up the broker isn't liable for that.

All you can do ia contact them asap and arrange a new policy with another provider. Hopefully that won't prove difficult and that there won't be much of a difference in the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Curious.

What happens for to the premium already paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skipsheen

Cheers m8 yeah had a feeling that might be the case only had 4 months on my existing policy but an extra expense I could of done without *drops head*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Is there going to be another levee to pay for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Curious.

They are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Curious.

It says on their website (screen grab attached) that the same cancellation procedures apply so hopefully some will be able to get refunded, direct debit customers should cancel the DD immediately, cash customers should contact the broker and request cancellation as soon as they can.

Advertisement