Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion question

Options
  • 23-07-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm getting my attic converted with en-suite. My house is a recent build and is conversion ready. There is no need for rsj's or moving tanks. I've been quoted 15.5k which is the same price as a standard conversion. Seem excessive to anyone with experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

reddub2015 wrote:
    I'm getting my attic converted with en-suite. My house is a recent build and is conversion ready. There is no need for rsj's or moving tanks. I've been quoted 15.5k which is the same price as a standard conversion. Seem excessive to anyone with experience of this?

How many quotes have you got?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

reddub2015 wrote: »

You havent given a m2 size? How is anyone going to comment on the price?

Get 3 quotes.

And get an engineer to check the structure is actually suitable, and to review fire doors/ escape Windows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is the house a bungalow now so this will be 2 storey.
    If it will be a 3 storey then read, and comply with, this:
    http://www.environ.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad%2C1657%2Cen.pdf

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddub2015

It's about 3.5 meters x 2.5 meters. Got another one for about 15k. One is certified at 15k.

No structural work except the stairs and velux windows (x2). Even the waste pipes are ideally located.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The ensuite is adding to the cost. Your typical attic conversion would not contain an ensuite or bathroom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement