Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inexpensive night serum

Options
  • 23-07-2016 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking for an inexpensive night serum.
    I'm really not a believer in packaging and luxury brans but rather what actually works for a reasonable price.
    My regime for years has been Factor 50 face cream in the morning, wash face with Silcock's Base. I remove makeup at night with Garnier Micellar Water but skin feels quite dry going to bed. I do use tretinoin 5% cream once a week at night as it's the only thing actually proven to reduce ageing..not a fan of the idea of Creme de la Mer or anything like that.
    I'm 32 and have combination skin.
    Any suggestion welcome. Also, I don't mind spending money if there is something out there that gives good results but I'm quite sceptical about expensive skincare stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Your skin might be dry because of the micellar water it's not really meant to take the place of a proper cleanser I would only use it occasionally.I would recommend all of the Clinique cleansers. Try an oil for extra nourishment I use the Jason vitamin E one was half price lately in Here's Health. As regards serum I like the Deciem range it's in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I agree with Jadie on the micellar water- it's a quick fix but it's not designed as a long term cleanser. A balm cleanser and a flannel is your best bet, Boots Botanics and the Body Shop do balm cleansers.

You definitely don't need to get Creme de la Mer but I think you should definitely look at a good mid range brand like La Roche Posay and Eucerin. Eucerin do a great hyaluronic acid serum and it's frequently on special in Boots, 3 for 2 and such

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Vichy has some lovely serums too!

And I also second the micellar water caution

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michelleryan86

Anything with Hyaluronic acid is really helpful to hydrate and plump the skin, vitamin c serums work great with them too. the facial oils are good too. Layering products can be good way of getting a range of ingredients. Boots and the body shop stock great products.

Advertisement