Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse kicking sides of horse box

Options
  • 23-07-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before, my horse kicks the box repeditaly while traveling. She kicks the box about half way up the partitions even denting the metal. Today she was kicking so much she some how pulled off a fresh shoe. I have tried swapping the side she travels on and also putting those soft traveling boots to stop her cutting herself but she tears them and cuts her legs. Has anyone any advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

Have you tried removing the partition? My horse always kicks the box when he is confined to a small space with the partition in but when I removed it and gave him space he travelled perfectly fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Is this something she has always done or has started recently? Does she do it when travelling with another horse?

There are lots of reasons why she might do it such as Excitement, stress or anxiety about travelling. Has she has a fright in the box recently, or have you recently changed it? Or has she started traveling more recently? If not, then you'll need to start looking at why she might do, beginning with when she started. Was there anything that may have contributed to it, do you think? Can you take out the partition? Maybe try her with one journey without the partition and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Taking out the partition would help, maybe also tying her from both sides of her head collar? to avoid injuries, if she hates soft boots you could try legs wraps / bandages?
    good luck!

Advertisement