Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5k Heritage Run, Newgrange 28.08.16

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Where are any profits going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Where are any profits going?

It's a fundraiser for our soccer club, Rossin Rovers. We're on the Meath/Louth border

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best of luck with it!

Best of luck with it!

Thanks a lot. It's shaping up to be a great day. We've had a lot of interest with runners coming from as far as Enniscorthy so far. It's really hard to fundraise so I'm hoping it's a huge success and we'll make it an annual event with a bit of luck.

Here's the technical t-shirt we'll be giving away to the first 150 adults/teens (just not kiddies) to register online:

dpcu10.jpg

• Advertisement

Just over 2 weeks remaining. We have lined up an instructor from Integral Fitness in Drogheda to get everyone warmed up nicely before the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

Just over 2 weeks remaining. We have lined up an instructor from Integral Fitness in Drogheda to get everyone warmed up nicely before the race.

have you a gpx of the route by any chance?

muloc wrote: »
    have you a gpx of the route by any chance?

I'm sorry, I don't. I haven't physically tracked the route, only plotted it. I've measured the route with a measuring wheel (I'm a civil engineer and I'm ocd with dimensions 😂) so it's right.

What info are you looking for and I might be able to get it for you.

I'm sorry, I don't. I haven't physically tracked the route, only plotted it. I've measured the route with a measuring wheel (I'm a civil engineer and I'm ocd with dimensions 😂) so it's right.

What info are you looking for and I might be able to get it for you.

ah no bother....was just wondering if it was hilly?

muloc wrote: »
    ah no bother....was just wondering if it was hilly?

It's not flat! It's a great route though. It's up and down so plenty of scope for recovery and a good downhill finish!

2vvj6ea.jpg

• Advertisement

It's not flat! It's a great route though. It's up and down so plenty of scope for recovery and a good downhill finish!

2vvj6ea.jpg

Cheers...hopefully make it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

I've signed up to this. Fingers crossed I will finish before you all pack up and go home that night. ;)

positron wrote: »
    I've signed up to this. Fingers crossed I will finish before you all pack up and go home that night. ;)

Haha! I'm sure you'll be fine! Thanks for signing up, is it just yourself?

Yep, just me. Recently finished C25k, I have some free-time that weekend with family away and all, and for a good cause. So why not.

positron wrote: »
    Yep, just me. Recently finished C25k, I have some free-time that weekend with family away and all, and for a good cause. So why not.

Ah that's great! I've been onto my missus to do the c25k for ages.....she started it a week ago!

See you on the day, I'm Andy

Andy I'm toying with the idea of doing this but I'm not very fit, and seen as it's for a football team I'm gonna presume the general level of fitness would be rather good..?

Are there many signed up do you know (I'd presume all the shirts are gone, anyway? I never signed up for anything like this before but did want to try and nab a little souvenir for my first ever effort :P )

Remember, the kids go back to school the week after our run so it could be a good chance to get them out in the fresh air before school starts. You don't need to run, you can walk too. There are family tickets available for €35 plus booking fee

Andy I'm toying with the idea of doing this but I'm not very fit, and seen as it's for a football team I'm gonna presume the general level of fitness would be rather good..?

Are there many signed up do you know (I'd presume all the shirts are gone, anyway? I never signed up for anything like this before but did want to try and nab a little souvenir for my first ever effort :P )

You don't need to be superfit at all Shane. It's open to people of all abilities to run it or walk it. I walked it today to mark the km points and i did it in about 53 mins. There are a limited number of t-shirts left too

Also, if you are participating please note that access to the run and car park is via the N51 Slane - Drogheda road ONLY and NOT the from the Brú Na Bóinne Visitor Centre

***Important Run Information***

Race numbers and t-shirts can be collected at the following times:
    • Friday 26th August from 6pm - 7:30pm from The Black & White Thatched Inn aka Dolly Mitchells on the N51 Slane - Drogheda Rd.
    • Saturday 27th August from 5pm - 7pm also from The Black & White Thatched Inn aka Dolly Mitchells
    • Sunday 28th August from 11:30 and will close at 1:30 sharp from the marquee in the race car park. The car park is located very close to the start line and signposts will be erected on the N51 Slane - Drogheda Rd. The car park is approximately 5km east of Slane Village.
    • Car Park SatNav Info: 53.7102099, -6.4735724
    • Earlybird online registration ends on 26th August 2016 at 23:59
    • After this time you'll have to register in person at an increased cost.

• Advertisement

The t-shirts arrived, only a small number remaining:

e5fbqh.jpg

2m3p8ac.jpg

Enjoyed that earlier today. It was nicely organised, plenty of signs, marshals, parking, atmosphere and well.. of course the hills were brutal but the views were better.

Well done Andy for organizing such a nicely run event.

Advertisement