Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renovating old property in original 1980s condition

Options
  • 23-07-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello

I am in the process of buying a property and there is a good bit of work that needs to be done on it:

electrical wiring might need refitted as it hasnt been upgraded since 1980s (original trip switch fuseboard and old ELCB with earth bonding weak at cylinder and sink)
    electrical heating in need of day and night meter fitting - the system is a Heatrae Sadia Amptec C900 which supplies water through copper pipework to a combo of old low and high output radiators
    cold water storage tank needs replaced
    the old copper cylinder hot water tank needs replaced
    the external wall insulation will need updated (we were looking at the option of injecting insulation into the cavity of the external walls)
    the bathroom needs upgraded as heating and ventilation are poor with small amount of mould having developed.

I am wondering how much money all of this will cost? Of note the property is small (<700sq foot) 2 bedroom end of terrace. I wouldnt be able to do this myself so labour costs would also need to be added on

I would be massively appreciative of any input/advice as im a complete novice

Advertisement