Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shampoo/conditioner

Options
  • 23-07-2016 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Which shampoo/conditioner do you use? Informally use stuff like tresemme and very very rarely salon products , are salon products better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I go to a hairdressing supplier, and buy 1L of shampoo at a time rather than from a salon.

I had loads of buildup from tresemme, a wash in the morning, and my hair was limp and greasy by the afternoon. Way better now. I could make it 4 or 5 days if the kids don't chuck food in my hair. I have below shoulder length hair.

I don't know where you are, but in cork city, this is the place i use for hairdresser supplies. http://www.hennessyhb.ie/Hair-Care/Shampoo/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Mostly Loreal or Threseme. Sporadically I use some more premium stuff and I never noticed any particular difference. My hair is normally in a good condition and I trim it regularly and dye it in hairdressers. I have to wash hair about five times per week but if I don't I can go for about three days before it really needs a wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I used to only use L'Oreal Elvive but I decided to try Tresémme and I'm glad I did.

It actually leaves my hair feeling much softer; their conditioner is richer and for a 900ml bottle it's only €6.85 (though I see the Colour Protect one is on offer at €3.50 in Tesco at the moment).

I'm happy with Tresemme and I can't see myself changing products.
    I don't see how salon products are any better, to be honest.

If the shampoo cleans my hair, protects my colour and leaves it feeling soft, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I've been using Tresémme for years. Yes, there is buildup, but my stylist in the US told me it's good practice to wash every so often with a clarifying shampoo no matter what products you use, because everything builds up after a while (and it's not good practice to use a clarifying shampoo all the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I used Hask shampoo and conditioner (got it in Penneys) for ages until the buildup started. Then I tried Garnier Ultimate Blends and it made my hair feel greasy and clogged up from pretty much the start. I finished it last week (it didn't last that long) and ended up using my husband's Tresemme. My hair is soft and light now. I'm sure at some point the buildup will start again but for the moment I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I change my shampoo daily. I use L'Oréal's products mainly varied with others. Pantene do a good clarifying shampoo for weekly use. I also bought an olive oil hair mask recently which left my hair very soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I change my shampoo daily. I use L'Oréal's products mainly varied with others. Pantene do a good clarifying shampoo for weekly use. I also bought an olive oil hair mask recently which left my hair very soft.

DAILY?! Why?!

fussyonion wrote: »
    DAILY?! Why?!

I just have loads and change it daily. Like a rotation type of thing. It works anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

fussyonion wrote: »
    DAILY?! Why?!

I use different shampoo every day too. I have maybe 6 different sets and go between them. Nothing wrong with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

L'oreal Ever Pure (online boots - its never in store!), they're sulfate and paraben free and for coloured dry hair. It's quite gentle and smells so good, would really recommend that range, I keep going back to it!
    I use a herbal essences coconut hair mask for deep conditioner and panten clarifing shampoo for a deep clean to get rid of product build up (mainly hair mousse).

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭snor

Cannot find the L'oreal ever pure on boots website today. Have they discontinued it I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

snor wrote: »
    Cannot find the L'oreal ever pure on boots website today. Have they discontinued it I wonder?
    It's "EverPure" one word, there's an EverRiche and a few more lines too! Boots can be tricky to browse online, even when the website isn't crashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I use the Elvie Fibrology thickening shampoo and for conditioner I use the mask in the pot. I don't have thin hair but it's amazing. My hair is so healthy and manageable.

I wet my hair and use the pot and brush it through it's amazing for detangling. Then use the shampoo on my scalp and just let the bubbles from that go though the ends when I'm rinsing, I don't rub shampoo into the length of my hair. So I basically reverse the order for shampoo and cond that most people do.

The conditioner from this range is also good but not a patch on the pot and the pot lasts ages.

My hair has never been better! Been using this for a year and a half and there's such a difference! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

pwurple wrote: »
    I don't know where you are, but in cork city, this is the place i use for hairdresser supplies. http://www.hennessyhb.ie/Hair-Care/Shampoo/

I thought you had to be a professional hairdresser to buy stuff from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Victoria. wrote: »
    I use the Elvie Fibrology thickening shampoo and for conditioner I use the mask in the pot. I don't have thin hair but it's amazing. My hair is so healthy and manageable.

I wet my hair and use the pot and brush it through it's amazing for detangling. Then use the shampoo on my scalp and just let the bubbles from that go though the ends when I'm rinsing, I don't rub shampoo into the length of my hair. So I basically reverse the order for shampoo and cond that most people do.

The conditioner from this range is also good but not a patch on the pot and the pot lasts ages.

My hair has never been better! Been using this for a year and a half and there's such a difference! :D

So do you rinse the conditioner out first or shampoo over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

So do you rinse the conditioner out first or shampoo over it?

It do rinse the bulk of it out. Like the water running out of the length of my hair is still cloudy with conditioner when I add the shampoo to my scalp. It would be more like there is a film/residue of conditioner. As I rinse the shampoo from my scalp I just let the suds take that residue with it.

Works really well, I definitely recommend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I use either Kerastase Nutrive Bain or a TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Shampoo. Bpth suit my hair really well. The L'Oreal oil ones are good for supermarket shampoos.

Cheaper shampoos can give a kick on the first go or two, but they don't really last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I use Big Sexy Hair. It's sulfate free and I've never had an issue with it. My hair is naturally very smooth and I like to have some volume, especially around the top if I can manage it. Other products like It's a Ten smooth me out a bit too much for my liking. And Bed Head gives me dandruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Quick question is your shampoo sulphate free and your conditioner fragrance free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

My shampoo is sulfate free but I don't mind fragrances in conditioner. I only use conditioner about once a week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm a massive fan of Philip Kingsley unscented hair products and use those mostly.
    Ran out last week and bought Loreal extraordinary clay shampoo and I absolutely love it.
    Have the kerastase Bain therapie shampoo and mask too. Love the mask but the shampoo irritates my scalp so I only use that occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm using Redken Colour Magnetic shampoo and conditioner. My hair has never felt so soft in my life and the fragrance from Redken is absolutely device!

My colour is also lasting a lot longer than when I was using Treseme

Tresemme strips colour from hair as does the clay shampoo so be careful.

Advertisement