Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win7—legit product key purchase

• 23-07-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

I need a licence for a PC which has an installed version of Win7 64bit home premium, but where the licence used during the install is already used on my PC.

I dont want the media, just the key.
    I see this guy on advert.ie <snip> but unsure about it...need to look more into the shop.

Has anyine used any other repuitable sites to purchase one from?

Edit : not sure why thread title is screwed up!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You can buy licenses on Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01E7GLANS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It's just the key and you won't have a COA sticker but that doesn't matter much for personal use.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can buy licenses on Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01E7GLANS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It's just the key and you won't have a COA sticker but that doesn't matter much for personal use.
    It does matter.

Either you have a legit version or you don't.

OEM can only be sold with hardware and can't be resold.
    A clue to how legit is that the first half dozen listed there are Just Launched and at a tenth the price of the rest

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LowOdour wrote: »
    I need a licence for a PC which has an installed version of Win7 64bit home premium, but where the licence used during the install is already used on my PC.
    Unfortunately Windows isn't cheap.

and a serial no / key isn't a license :(

There are few grey areas on OEM, but it can only be used with a licence and only on the hardware it was supplied with.

retail non-oem versions are rare and the license is revoked if they've been used to upgrade. Upgrade copies get downgraded to OEM if they upgraded an OEM so even buying a second hand upgrade version may not have a license.

Just because something is on adverts.ie doesn't make it OK.
    Way too many ads for satellite card sharing on adverts.ie, even though that can carry a two year sentence.

Advertisement