Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Microsoft "terms of use & privacy statement"

Options
  • 23-07-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I received an email this morning from Microsoft about a new services agreement kicking in on 15th September and a new privacy statement effective on 2nd August. It says it's to make things "transparent" for me but legal jargon doesn't work like that unless you happen to be a lawyer and can understand it. I've been resisting the forced change to Windows 10 because I hear about more problems for people than not when they change or are forced into changing, one way or another. I am not technically skilled in this area and use computers because I have to, like most other people. I read this thing as carefully as I could and it seems to me that everything benefits them and I must agree to them doing what they like with my computer and everything on it if I don't hit the road before the dates above. If I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm sorry but I'm wondering if anyone else got this email today or did I get it because I have tried to block the forced W10 changeover? And, what is involved in closing my Microsoft account - am I back to smoke signals or can I still exist in century 21? Any serious advice would be appreciated, thank you. Anyone feeling the need to point out what a dope I am - well, I already know that, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I can't answer to your question directly, but there is a world without ms windows - linux is the name to search for. It might be for you. Post something here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=32 and we'll tell you is the switch is for you, what's involved, how to do it, what to expect and so on. You're not the first one disappointed with ms windows and definitely not the last one :-)

Advertisement