Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFT ELI 250

Options
  • 23-07-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a BFT ELI-250 motor on my automatic gates. I noticed last week after entering that the gates kept opening and closing repeatedly.... on further inspection I realised that the gates were opening out too far, triggering the sensor and then opening again....

It seems like the calibration of the motor is now off, the gates are opening out too far and not closing enough either. Any ideas on how to fix this myself??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like the mechanical stops are off and need to be adjusted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Jnealon wrote: »
    Sounds like the mechanical stops are off and need to be adjusted

Agreed, do the gates close up against a solid stop in the ground or there may be adjustable stops on either side of the link bar above the motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭happydude742

They don't hit anything; up until now they just "knew" when to stop in the middle.

Would I be able to adjust these mechanical stops myself? I have photos but boards.ie won't let me post them as I don't have enough posts made :-(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Well yes you should be able to adjust them yourself, but please be VERY CAREFUL.
    Take the covers off both boxes. Look into the fixings in the first motor to close. Run the gates and let them close. While they are closing you will see the components moving, you will notice a bolt sandwiched between two link bars as the gate gets to its final stop position, well it is this bolt that you need to adjust, only a few turns will be plenty.

The trick is to open the gates, power them down, do your adjustment and run them again, eventually you will find the right spot.
    The follow gate in the closing run might have the same bolt or indeed may not, if it does just do the same as above but please do not put your hands or any other part of you near the motors while they are running.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭happydude742

Many thanks, I will try this tomorrow when I'm home and let you know how I get on :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement