Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Urban Garden

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

vkid wrote: »
    Don't think the litter thing is specific to the Urban garden. The city centre is generally poorly maintained litter wise. There was loads of litter around the place the day of the 2020 bid...and the same every weekend...particularly Sundays. The boardwalk, Arthur's. Quay, o connel street, William street... Take your pick.

Agreed it's pretty bad after the weekend. The section of Henry st my office is on is pretty bad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

What do you all think of the ugly looking new crepe stand that has been put up in the Urban 'Garden'?

I thought the music caravan over the weekend was lovely. It would be great if that was a permanent fixture every weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

panda100 wrote: »
    What do you all think of the ugly looking new crepe stand that has been put up in the Urban 'Garden'?

I thought the music caravan over the weekend was lovely. It would be great if that was a permanent fixture every weekend.

Passed the other day in the car and only got a quick glance at it but the first thing that struck me was the lack of colour, if it had been spray painted red might make an improvement and give the place a bit of colour.

Also stands out like a sore thumb because the other stands are wooden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The Urban Garden is fairly tacky but I'd like to think it's a stepping stone to doing some kind of decent improvement to the space there. I guess it'll be part of the O'Connell Street upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Also stands out like a sore thumb because the other stands are wooden.

I think it's a total eye sore. It looks terrible to have this steel, prefab take-away counter right in the middle of the city centre and completely juxtaposes with its suroundings. At least the wooden-huts look pretty. Honestly, the chipper van that we have in Rathkeale on a Friday night looks better than that crepe stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I think it's a total eye sore.

Most of O'Connell Street and actually pretty much every other street is an eyesore, to be fair!

Exceptions would be Little Catherine Street, Foxes Bow, Thomas Street, Bedford Row and maybe (at a stretch) Hartstonge Street and Barrington Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I think it's a total eye sore. It looks terrible to have this steel, prefab take-away counter right in the middle of the city centre and completely juxtaposes with its suroundings. At least the wooden-huts look pretty. Honestly, the chipper van that we have in Rathkeale on a Friday night looks better than that crepe stand.

They used to be in one of the wooden didn't they? I'd say they wanted a bigger stand and had to get steel prefab for the size they needed. As I said only passed it and caught a glance at it so didn't see what it looked like but noticed the lack of colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

It's a stretch to call it a garden. But it allows some traders to make a few quid so how bad. As another poster said maybe this sows the seeds and morphs into something a little more interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

If the urban gatden was pushed more over to Arthurs quay park side.Its too busy a spot with traffic and shoppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

It is disgusting how filthy it is there. Sitting among rubbish eating, it is not for me. The food vendors should be required to have a bin with the amount of disposable material they are sending out onto the street. Either that or the bins on both sides of it needs to be emptied more than one a day. It is a nice idea but if that was the dining area in any establishment it would be shut down by health and safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

I can't understand why we bothered putting in the two kiosks when the two businesses down there have brought their own units.

Advertisement