Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Capacitors

Options
  • 23-07-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hey all, so my Ol' Samsung TV (model le32a330j1) finally started giving me trouble with the screen not coming on just the standby light blinking when turned on and constantly looking like it's in standby mode. Except for sporadic times when I plug it in the screen will come on and flicker out again or sometimes it will come on until i turn it off again (rarely).

At this stage, I know I've gotten the value out of it, but after reading that bad capacitors in the power supply are a common occurrence in these TV's I want to try my hand at perhaps replacing them before I give up on it! :(

My knowledge of electronics is limited insofar as I can just about use a soldering iron so just looking for any tips and advice you may have.

So far I've had a look at the capacitors in the power supply, and they're not obviously bulging or leaking, would this be indicative that they're not the problem, or can capacitors be faulty without these signs?

Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Its usually the best place to start but there could be bad caps in any part of the TV. You can buy cap packs for most brands of TV at this stage.

Here's a typical kit which replaces the most commonly vulnerable components. I'm sure you'll find one for your model.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Ya I think if it ain't the caps I'll call it quits as they're a cheap replace. it wasn't an expensive model to begin with so don't wana be throwing money at it and bangin my head against a wall haha.

Cheers for the link will have a look

Advertisement