Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is urban decay overrated and is too faced better?

Options
  • 23-07-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Lately I have asked myself this question , I have been buying my eye shadows from Urban Decay for a good year now and l love them but I have other shadows such as the Too Faced Chocolate Bar that I love more I find the shadows from Urban Decay have a lot of fall out sometimes they're not as easy to blend as others yet they are more expensive. I think l might stop buying them for the moment and move on to other brands to broaden my range. I would love to know what you think about Urban Decay and Too Faced and do you agree or disagree? If you would like to have a look at the too faced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 and Naked Basics 2, love them both. I do find there's a bit of fallout from some of the shades in the Naked Palette 2 but that's because they're very pigmented so try putting less on the brush and using a good primer. I've steered clear of the Naked Smoky palette as when I swatched the shades they didn't seem to be as good quality.

Don't own any Too Faced eyeshadows as they don't appeal to me, not into peach or chocolate bar scented eyeshadows, just seems a bit gimmicky.

No harm trying a few different brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Urban decay is easier to get a hold of so it makes sense it's more popular. They're both good brands, I don't bother with brand loyalty myself, I research and buy products that should work best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I don't own any Too Faced eye products myself, the only Urban Decay one I have is the Naked 1, I find the only shadow in that palette that has fallout is sidecar, its like there's pieces of glitter in it and they fall around the place and never stick to my eyelids no matter what I try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

GingerLily wrote: »
    I don't bother with brand loyalty myself, I research and buy products that should work best for me.

Too many brands out there to only stick to one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Inglot is my go to brand for eyeshadows. Fantastic quality, colour range & the price just cannot be beaten. Love MAC too but can't justify the price unless it's a treat. I like urban decay but would definitely prefer Inglot and Mac shadows to urban decay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Inglot is my go to brand for eyeshadows. Fantastic quality, colour range & the price just cannot be beaten. Love MAC too but can't justify the price unless it's a treat. I like urban decay but would definitely prefer Inglot and Mac shadows to urban decay.

Have to agree. I like Urban Decay but apart from their Naked palette range, their other palettes offer very few day-to-day wearable colours. I have a handful of UD palettes that I've only used one or two colours from. Inglot can't be beaten in terms of quality, selection and price IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michelleryan86

I like Urban Decay, I usually get the vice palettes and I like the naked basics and the eye shadow primer. The scent in the Too Faced products doesn't interest me really, but I have bought the Makeup Revolution Dupes of the chocolate palettes and the urban decay naked palettes and I do love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I only use UD Naked Basics 2 because it's matte and the colours are very wearble. I don't like any of their other palettes because they're all glittery!

I had always been put off trying Inglot because the girls who work the make-up counters are very over-done with their own make-up but I might give their shadows a go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and yes there is a bit of fall-out with it.
    I also don't like that most of the shades are shimmery. I tend to stick with matt colours in the day, but this palette limits me a bit.

I actually really love my Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette (there are shimmery shades in that too, but the nudes and pinks are gorgeous).
    I also love good ol' Catrice!

I bought the Matt palette (browns and creams) in Penneys about a year ago for about €5 and to be honest, I use this more than my UD palette.
    I don't buy into this "you get what you pay for" thing, as the €5 palette is great.

I also love Sleek palettes and they're cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I have the chocolate bon bons palette from Too faced, The alice palette and gwen stefani palette from Urban Decay.

I prefer the Too Faced palette, the shadows are much more pigmented with literally no fallout. Whereas I find with both Urban Decay palettes the only way i can get the majority of shadows to "show up" properly is to mix in a drop of duraline from Inglot which for the price of Urban Decay I shouldn't have to mix anything into them.

So Too faced gets my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Advertisement