Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Floyd

• 24-07-2016 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Has there ever been a band that spoke so eloquently for the common man?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

FortySeven wrote: »
    Has there ever been a band that spoke so eloquently for the common man?

They are the best band ever ..right from syd u to the final cut dont rate gilmour tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyingbassman1

They are my favourite band. Was lucky enough to see Roger Waters play the wall tour in Dublin. Have all their albums. Love DSOTM, the Wall, Meddle, Animals and Piper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

I was at earls Court in 1994 for the pulse tour.....blown away

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They are my favourite band. Was lucky enough to see Roger Waters play the wall tour in Dublin..
    Was lucky enough to see it myself too. Wasn't too cheap, but was well worth it. A superb show!

My favourite album is probably The Wall (probably because it was the first album that introduced me to PF and was played often), which I like to try playing end to end. DSotM is excellent too, as well as WYWH.

Ach, all good albums, tbf though I admit I think The Division Bell is just OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Fellow Floydians you are in for a treat tonight BBC 4 is showing Pink Floyd Beginnings 1967 - 1972, a collection of clips of the band before they started on the Dark side of the moon. I saw the 9pm one tonight but its repeated at 1 am and 11 pm on Sunday night. you have 45 minutes to prepare.

New footage from the 1970 KQED sessions TV Special at the Fillmore West, Floyd performing Astronomy Domine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was at earls Court in 1994 for the pulse tour.....blown away

I saw the Dark Side of The Moon tour in Earls Court in, I think, 2007. It was a great show. One of the best concerts I've been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement