Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Term Leasing how soon does property need to be vacant

Options
  • 24-07-2016 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Looking has anyone had experience of long term leasing plan with the council. I am hoping to do the scheme shortly. I have an apartment and looking to move to a house. I am going put the apartment on the long term leasing plan. From talking to the council the process takes 2/3 months(going through solicitors etc) before you get a tenant and rent coming in. The plan was to start the prep process with DCC at the same point as starting my purchase of a house. I would live in apartment during 2/3 months and then ideally move direct to house or could get temp accommodation if needed if the purchase of house is delayed or takes longer than the long term leasing process. But it seems the long term leasing accommodation needs to be vacant from the beginning of the 2/3 month sign over process. So it seems that straight away your down 2/3 months rent. Has anyone experience of this and know how strict it is adhered to by the council.

thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

When purchasing you really don;t want to be in a position where you can't fall back on your current home unless you're in a chain.

Advertisement