Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in Dental Issues

Options
  • 24-07-2016 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I received an infraction in dental issues for back seat modding.
    Totally unnecessary-If anything I was asking if a spam post be left as a warning to people.

The mod who issued the infraction clearly has an issue with me as can be seen from the linked thread so there is no point opening a dialogue with him.

Furthermore I made a comment after the infraction which highlighted why I said what I did which has since been deleted, presumably as it highlighted the pettiness of the mod.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057554730&page=5

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Makood wrote: »
    The mod who issued the infraction clearly has an issue with me as can be seen from the linked thread so there is no point opening a dialogue with him.

As per the forum rules you are required to contact the mod in question to see if this can be resolved without the need for CMod intervention. Please confirm when you have done this and what the outcome was as your appeal cannot proceed otherwise. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Makood. As Zaph advised you above, the 1st step in the Dispute Resolution forum process (see flowchart) is to exchange PMs with the mod to see if it may be resolved. If after an exchange of PMs, it is not resolved, then you are welcome to come here with your appeal and I will review it. Have a nice Sunday, Black Swan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do not post in this thread unless invited to do so by a CMod or Admin.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Makood.
    I've removed your last post.
    Per the requests of both an Admin and the CMOD have you tried to follow the process here and engaged with the Mod?
    If you have please post those PMs here or report them.

Any other response will now result in this thread being closed and the infraction marked as upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Taltos wrote: »
    Makood.
    I've removed your last post.
    Per the requests of both an Admin and the CMOD have you tried to follow the process here and engaged with the Mod?
    If you have please post those PMs here or report them.

Any other response will now result in this thread being closed and the infraction marked as upheld.
    Makood wrote:
    Dear Makood,

You have been infracted for posting Backseat Moderation.

Boards.ie has a team of volunteers who look after our forums and they are the ones who will give instruction or take action on a thread should it be deemed necessary.

If you see a problem with a post, report it and a mod will investigate.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Peter Fast Trash

Moderator Note

Please read the forum charter before posting, no back seat moderation.

Your post:
    davo10 wrote: »
    Given the fact that an implant takes a minimum 3 visits, who travels to Mexico three times for an implant? A bit of trolling maybe or someone not based in Ireland?

That was my point. Leave the post, but maybe delete the reference to the "clinic"

Fitzgme,

This infraction is unfair and unwarranted. The post I made was in humour more than anything. If you really felt it was necessary a yellow card could have been issued.

Makood

I feel that the infraction stands, its a slap on the wrist nothing more. You were backseat moderating a lot (3 or 4 time) in that thread. The moderators nether wish not need your advice on how to handle other posters on the thread.

Regards

Peter Fast Trash.

Sorry-I had engaged. In the interim the Mod posted on this thread-I had assumed he had permission to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thanks I missed that. Over to the cmod so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Makood,
    I see that there's been a flurry of activity since I went to bed and then work (as we volunteers with outside commitments have to do). In addition to my request that you go through the 1st step (flowcharted above) of exchanging PMs with the mod, I had also PM'd you and the mod as a follow-up. That PM exchange has now occurred without resolution, so it's time for me to step in and examine this exchange of PMs, your posts, the other member posts of the thread in question, mod posts, the red card given, and the forum charter. If you have any additional information that may help me in the conduct of this review you may either PM me, or post here.

I am on break from the real world of work at the moment, so this may take one or more hours, so please be patient with us volunteers. Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

Hi Makood,
    In the "Dental Abroad" thread found in Dental Issues forum you made posts that discussed moderation in-thread, including some that appeared as if you were modding the thread (i.e., backseat modding).

A very, very early thread example for context in our discussion:
    I am going to add a bit of balance to the thread, as the OP.

I know some of you mods think I am being biased...

Very recent examples (22 July 2016) that were associated with this red card:
    How dare the mods delete a posters wonderful experience of getting the excellent price of the work being carried out on them as they lie on the chair. In Mexico... And also the satisfaction of said poster.

In fairness, mods, you should leave it here as a warning.
    That was my point. Leave the post, but maybe delete the reference to the "clinic"

And after receiving the red card infraction for these above 2 posts, you not only continued to discuss moderation in-thread, but also trolled and bashed the mod by saying:
    You obviously didn't get my sarcasm. Well I gave you a chance to give me an infraction-well done Fitzgeme. Yawn.

Whether you think it was recently done in humour, or otherwise, both of us have been around boards for a few years Makood, and one thing that applies to most forums on the site was not to discuss moderation in-thread, which you have obviously done in this thread. And certainly not to discuss moderation in-thread in such a way as be appear as if you were modding the thread as OP. OPs are not mods. The Dental Issues Charter clearly states this:
    Welcome to Dental Issues Forum. Please read the following before posting.

15) No back seat moderation. Its not up to the original poster of a thread if the thread should be deleted or moderated. Think before posting.

I was surprised to find the clear and specific wording of what you had done to violate the Charter. This prompted me to check the last Charter "update," and I found it to have occurred way back in 19 July 2014, so you had at least 2 years of warning not to back seat mod as OP.

Furthermore, the mod reminded everyone about this very early in the thread:
    Posters remember that you may feel ownership of "your thread" but when you start a topic it then belongs to everyone.

I then considered if you should be given some benefit of the doubt in regards to a red card infraction, where you claimed humour in your recent PM exchange, and maybe consider a yellow card warning substitute. But then I saw the deleted mod-bashing post you made in-thread after being red carded. Frankly, after continuing to in-thread discuss moderation after being red carded was not an exercise of good judgement, and further trolling and bashing the mod in that post would have gotten you banned in many site forums. You were very lucky the mod did not ban you. Consequently, your red card infraction is upheld and will not be removed by me.

I have concluded my review of your red card DR appeal. You have one of two choices to make at this point. You may learn from it and move-on, or you may request an Admin review. Please advise.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Hi Black Swan,

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. Looking at what you have pointed out, I say fair enough-It was warranted.
    A warning or yellow might have sufficed to serve as a reminder before the red, however I accept it.

Thanks,

Makood

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Makood, thank you for accepting the decision.

I will now mark this as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement