Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simple led warning

• 24-07-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I got a new lawnmower this year and the bag full warning is audio only, which is not much good when wearing ear protectors.
    I was wondering if I could wire an led across the piezo and drill the dash so its more obvious.
    What would I need and how would I wire it?
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

How is the sounder powered ? Is it an electric mower or a petrol ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

ZENER wrote: »
    How is the sounder powered ? Is it an electric mower or a petrol ?

Ken

Thanks for the reply.
    It's a ride-on, 12volt battery. The sounder is fitted on a pcb behind the dash.

How about getting a 5w 12 volt bulb and put it across the buzze and see if it lights when the buzzer sounds ? If the bulb lights very dim and/or the tone or volume of the buzzer changes the we need to look at finding the switch on the grass collector so the bulb can be wired directly to it.

What is the male model of the mower ?

Ken

How about getting a 5w 12 volt bulb and put it across the buzze and see if it lights when the buzzer sounds ? If the bulb lights very dim and/or the tone or volume of the buzzer changes the we need to look at finding the switch on the grass collector so the bulb can be wired directly to it.

A PCB relay or a transistor are options too. Bulb is easiest though as Zener says. The LED will need a current limiting series resistor. All do-able.

What is the male model of the mower ?
    :pac:

Feckin' predictive text ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement