Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all mains powered door bell

Options
  • 24-07-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a small mains powered doorbell. Not one with a big battery space that I won't use. I want the two spare mods for the traffo in the consumer unit free as I'm popping a door in and in need the consumer unit to go from two to one row. I checked out Edmondson's, before I go asking all the others has anyone used a nice tidy units they recommend. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

Using a wireless doorbell would be the easiest solution to that I imagine. You could change any rcbo's that might be in the board to single mods also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Maybe I am reading this wrong but will the bell push be mains?
    Came across it ins Spain alright, nearly killed me when the plastic broke on pushing.

Can you hide a bell traffo somewhere?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Maybe I am reading this wrong but will the bell push be mains? Came across it ins Spain alright, nearly killed me when the plastic broke on pushing.

No the bell is still LV but the Transformer is in the bell unit not the consumer unit.

I didn't want a wireless unit. I can get the units I'm talking about but they are a bit big as they have a battery compartment and a transformer. I won't need the space for 4 AA batteries.

Thanks for the help guys . Good idea on the RCBOs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Wireless doorbells are a complete and utter waste of money.

Advertisement