Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I have broadband/TV with Sky, can I add the Eir/BT Sports pack?

Options
  • 24-07-2016 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

And if so, do I get it off Sky or do I order it off Eir? And how much a month is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

As I have been reading up today I am nearly an expert,  yes you can but when you go though the process it may go wonky!!  look here

https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

swoofer wrote: »
    As I have been reading up today I am nearly an expert,  yes you can but when you go though the process it may go wonky!!  look here

https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe
    What do you mean wonky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

you have to try it and see what happens

I haven't tried this as my Sky sub isn't active yet so can an Eir rep explain what the issue is and that I can still subscribe to the Eir Sports package as a Sky TV/Broadband customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

And if so, do I get it off Sky or do I order it off Eir? And how much a month is it?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. :)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir broadband customer?[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley,[/font]

Hi Pamela. No, I'm not an Eir customer. I'm actually in limbo at the moment.

I'm looking to move to a provider who can give me Sky Sports and the Eir/BT Sports packs. I'm thinking of going with Sky and getting broadband as well but if I can't get the Eir Sports pack as an extra (and the poster above seemed to imply that it's not simple to do) I will probably have to go to Eir and get the full package from them.

Hi Pamela. No, I'm not an Eir customer. I'm actually in limbo at the moment.

I'm looking to move to a provider who can give me Sky Sports and the Eir/BT Sports packs. I'm thinking of going with Sky and getting broadband as well but if I can't get the Eir Sports pack as an extra (and the poster above seemed to imply that it's not simple to do) I will probably have to go to Eir and get the full package from them.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to be availing of eir broadband to avail of eir Sport free of charge [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. You can stream it online or if you have Sky TV watch it via your Sky box.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view our bundles online here https://www.eir.ie/bundles/ [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to be availing of eir broadband to avail of eir Sport free of charge [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. You can stream it online or if you have Sky TV watch it via your Sky box.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view our bundles online here https://www.eir.ie/bundles/ [/font]

Thanks Pamela but I've no problem paying for it. The issue is can I?

The eirsports site (link above) has a way for Sky broadband customers to subscribe either monthly or annually but I need to know if this works. Yer man said subscribing can go a bit 'wonky' so I was hoping someone from Eir can clear up whether there is an issue or not. Thanks.

Thanks Pamela but I've no problem paying for it. The issue is can I?

The eirsports site (link above) has a way for Sky broadband customers to subscribe either monthly or annually but I need to know if this works. Yer man said subscribing can go a bit 'wonky' so I was hoping someone from Eir can clear up whether there is an issue or not. Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This link is for Sky TV customers, you need to be availing of eir broadband [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]to avail of the service free of charge.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]This link is for Sky TV customers, you need to be availing of eir broadband [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]to avail of the service free of charge.[/font]

Pamela, I know I'd have to be an Eir customer to get it free but as I said above I have no problem paying for the package and am willing to pay the €225 annual fee. But can you let me know if there are any issues with subscribing to Eir sports as a Sky broadband customer? Can it be done easily enough or is the subscription process 'wonky'?

• Advertisement

Pamela, I know I'd have to be an Eir customer to get it free but as I said above I have no problem paying for the package and am willing to pay the €225 annual fee. But can you let me know if there are any issues with subscribing to Eir sports as a Sky broadband customer? Can it be done easily enough or is the subscription process 'wonky'?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting Sky in relation to this as we would be unable to advise from here [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting Sky in relation to this as we would be unable to advise from here [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley.[/font]

It is an Eir website that the subscription is handled through. Can you confirm then that there are no issues at your end and the subscription will be processed ok?

I understand whether it actually works or not will be a sky issue but please confirm that the option to subscribe to Eir Sports works on the Eirsports website. Thanks.

It is an Eir website that the subscription is handled through. Can you confirm then that there are no issues at your end and the subscription will be processed ok?

I understand whether it actually works or not will be a sky issue but please confirm that the option to subscribe to Eir Sports works on the Eirsports website. Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you please clarify your query [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jack presley, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]"[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand whether it actually works or not will be a sky issue but please confirm that the option to subscribe to Eir Sports works on the Eirsports website. Thanks."[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are a Sky customer you are unable to access or sign up to the service via eir.ie. You would need to sign up for this with your own p[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rovider.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

Apologies if I'm not making myself clear Pamela. All I want to know is does it the subscription page on the eirsport website for non Eir broadband subscribers work ok?

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie

Apologies if I'm not making myself clear Pamela. All I want to know is does it the subscription page on the eirsport website for non Eir broadband subscribers work ok?

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie
    Apologies jack presleyYes this is working and there are no issues at present.

-Pamela 

Advertisement