Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance tri suit

Options
  • 24-07-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Anyone know any of the bike shops in Dublin that sell the long distance tri suits.

Also the brands and type they stick. Looking one with sleeves.

Like the look of Dave Scott Huub one and the San remo. Would like to try on before buying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Recommend the castelli San Remo, the pad is just so comfy and material very breathable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i have the orca kona suit, planning on wearing it at IM copenhagen in a few weeks.

love the suit, have worn it in two races so far and it's excellent on both bike and run.

only criticism is there are no pockets. i know it's meant to be their most aero suit but a couple of pockets would be a big help. they even have them on the lower end orca long sleeved suit.

just makes storage for the bike a bit more difficult, everything has to go on the frame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I thought that for long distance people recommend two piece suits.. for toilet breaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

I bought the Castelli San Remo a few weeks ago (online from sigma sports) very comfortable and the top half can be zipped all the way down, handy for the portaloo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

mloc123 wrote: »
    I thought that for long distance people recommend two piece suits.. for toilet breaks?

I heard that as well and it made sense, so for the three long distance races I've done, I've worn two piece suits. But I've never had to stop for a toilet break in any of those races and I'm strongly considering wearing one a piece suit this year. The only toilet breaks you should be stop for are number twos and they should be avoidable by controlling food intake the day before the race.

• Advertisement

i'll say one thing for the aero sleeved suits, they are tight (i can hear the "well no sh&t sherlock" comments already, they are meant to be aero ;) ) but that makes them difficult to shrug out of if you do need the portaloo. can be done alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wackoy2k

I got the Dave Scott LS Huub suit a couple of weeks ago. Feels great, really comfortable, really light. Pad is very comfortable.

The only slight concern i would have with it is the toilet breaks as already mentioned. Suit might take an extra few seconds to get down around the shoulders and arms.

Was very hard to get your hands on it, was selling out on Wiggle and the HUUB site itself whenever they came in to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

zico10 wrote: »
    I heard that as well and it made sense, so for the three long distance races I've done, I've worn two piece suits. But I've never had to stop for a toilet break in any of those races and I'm strongly considering wearing one a piece suit this year. The only toilet breaks you should be stop for are number twos and they should be avoidable by controlling food intake the day before the race.

I was considering a one piece until I recalled how man times I had to have a whizz on the run last time out. Can't imagine whizzing on the go for the run.

pgibbo wrote: »
    I was considering a one piece until I recalled how man times I had to have a whizz on the run last time out. Can't imagine whizzing on the go for the run.

You're not going down the catwalk, don't be too proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Another vote here for the Castelli SanRemo suit. Not cheap but very comfy and great fabric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I see 3 versions of the SanRemo on Wiggle. Which one are ye recommending?

Castelli Free SanRemo
    Castelli Velocissimmo SanRemo
    Castelli SanRemo 3.2

Cheers,
    P

Castelli Free SanRemo
    Castelli SanRemo 3.2

Cheers,
    P

Mine is free sanremo suit http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/castelli-free-sanremo-short-sleeve-suit-ss16/rp-prod145749

Mine is also the Free version. Zips all the way down so at least number ones can be accommodated.

I'm with zico on the number two debate - shouldn't be a thought unless you've messed something up!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Castelli Free SanRemo
    Castelli SanRemo 3.2

Cheers,
    P

The lads are talking about the free San remo one. Check out the sterling prices. I seen the suit for £130 today. Can't remember which site now but google it and check a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

what is a long distance tri suit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i get 7 or so gels stored in the legs of tri suit
    bmc stores a water bottle in front of tri suit
    so really no need for pockets in a tri suit. ( or more like one of the least impoertant factors)
    mossym wrote: »
    i have the orca kona suit, planning on wearing it at IM copenhagen in a few weeks.

love the suit, have worn it in two races so far and it's excellent on both bike and run.

only criticism is there are no pockets. i know it's meant to be their most aero suit but a couple of pockets would be a big help. they even have them on the lower end orca long sleeved suit.

just makes storage for the bike a bit more difficult, everything has to go on the frame

I've bookmarked that site now - thanks for the link Tango. That's about €50 cheaper than CRC or Wiggle.

Outstanding.

peter kern wrote: »
    i get 7 or so gels stored in the legs of tri suit
    bmc stores a water bottle in front of tri suit
    so really no need for pockets in a tri suit. ( or more like one of the least impoertant factors)

got the update notification for your previous post pk but never saw this one till gibbo mentioned it last night. thanks for that, always used the legs to store empty wrappers, the idea of sticking fulls ones there never occurred to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Still trying to figure out which is a better option for 1st Ironman, sanremo suit(with sleeves) or tri shorts and stealth T1 top, which works a bit dearer.

I find my castelli bib shorts pull on my shoulders a bit on the long rides.
    Same issue with club tri suit.

Did 250k spin recently and tied the braces around my waist and no problems.

• Advertisement

I find my castelli bib shorts pull on my shoulders a bit on the long rides. Same issue with club tri suit.

How are people finding the castelli San Remo with sleeves for the swim or do you roll it down and put it on coming out of the water?

As an update. The first website I posted cancelled the order after 10 days. Not happy !!!

Sigma sport have thrown at £104. Got one today and it is a good job. Also got the Dave Scott Huub one. Medium fits in the San remo but the Huub med was too big. I ordered a small as well but there would be a danger of ripping when you take it off and on. Wouldn't fancy it mid race.

So I am sending the Huub back. If anyone is looking for one I have a small and a medium in the black. Paid £159 each for them so if u want to give me whatever my cc charged me in Euro no hassle. I'll be sending them back in a day or so.

Size wise I am 5'10. 70kg. 38 chest and 30-32 waist.

How are people finding the castelli San Remo with sleeves for the swim or do you roll it down and put it on coming out of the water?

Sprint and OLY i would swim with sleeves on, anything over that rolled down. You are only adding 30secs in T1 getting sorted. IM yesterday in san remo and no chaffing, pad is so comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Late to the party here but for what it's worth; I've been racing this year in the Velorevolution SS suit and I'm very happy with it.

Swim wise I go with zipped down but still on the shoulders which gives enough flexibility not to tire the arms and just means zipping up once you have the wetsuit down to your waist. All of which can be done on the go.

Has the Castelli Free Sanremo been discontinued? None of the usual online retailers have it in stock? Has a newer suit been released in its place?

zico10 wrote: »
    Has the Castelli Free Sanremo been discontinued? None of the usual online retailers have it in stock? Has a newer suit been released in its place?

http://www.wiggle.com/castelli-sanremo-32-speed-suit/

Same suit but just different designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Sigma sports have them. That's where I bought mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Fwiw I don't think the Castelli is the most aero of suits.

A few who have tested in the wind tunnel found it 9watts slower than other models like the - -Kiwami spider
    LG
    Zoot

I did a bit of research recently and wanted to get an Endura being sucked in to their marketing and apparent results.
    Luckily it didn't fit right at all so it was a none runner.

Have since picked up a bioracer one since but not raced yet.

If I were shopping now, I'd find what fit me best from:
    - Endura (mad money)
    - bioracer
    - Zoot
    - LG
    - kiwami spider
    - orca
    - Roka
    - cuore

- Fusion I've used a lot and great fit and pockets. No aero data though compared to the above.
    Not much aero wind tunnel data for many but reports of possible savings of 10w or so compared to other sleeved suits means it does matter.

There's a few others I'm missing.

Most important seems to be no creases and tight fit.

Thereafter materials and so on.

Also seems to be unique to the person sometimes.

http://www.wiggle.com/castelli-sanremo-32-speed-suit/

Same suit but just different designs.

I saw that, but is that not a cycling specific piece of kit? No mention of triathlon in the reviews.
    MRJ wrote: »
    Sigma sports have them. That's where I bought mine.

They don't have the size I'm looking for and according to the site, the one I want is not due back in stock until 1st November. It seems like a very long time to wait for me. It made me wonder if they'll ever be back in stock.

• Advertisement

zico10 wrote:
    They don't have the size I'm looking for and according to the site, the one I want is not due back in stock until 1st November. It seems like a very long time to wait for me. It made me wonder if they'll ever be back in stock.

They seem to be sold out everywhere in Europe.

I searched everywhere and recently got one in Holland.

if you are interested I can look up the website.

Advertisement