Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish food in Dublin

Options
  • 24-07-2016 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

While browsing Pinterest and looking at pics of Jordan, I stumbled across some Turkish treats that look awesome. Is there anywhere in Dublin that may serve up fistikli baklava and proper Turkish Delight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

tumble wrote:
    Can anyone recommend somewhere to buyTurkish food??

My brother in law is Turkish and he gets a lot of his food in Clonskeagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

Do you know the name of the store/s?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Hi ebjarrell, the thread you posted in was very old, so I have split your posts into a new thread. I also think your query is more suited for the Dublin forum, so I'll move it there for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

There is an Arab restaurant at the top of Camden street. Near the Bleeding Horse. Lots of Baklava. Pretty sure I saw Turkish delight.

I hear the food is amazing and reasonably priced.

ebjarrell wrote:

I ask him, what are you looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 turkish_barber

Turkish here, I think if you're looking for turkish delight-lokum / meals, you may be able to find something reasonably priced and OK .
    But for fistikli baklava I would not keep my hopes up. I'm yet to find good baklava in Dublin.
    Please post if you find something you really like though :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

ebjarrell wrote: »

I'd bet it's the shop in the Mosque. They sell Turkish food and Asian sweets.

The Asian Food Co. on Mary St. has Turkish Delight and baklava and other nice looking treats.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I'd bet it's the shop in the Mosque. They sell Turkish food and Asian sweets.

The Asian Food Co. on Mary St. has Turkish Delight and baklava and other nice looking treats.

I'll give it a go.

Turkish here, I think if you're looking for turkish delight-lokum / meals, you may be able to find something reasonably priced and OK .
    But for fistikli baklava I would not keep my hopes up. I'm yet to find good baklava in Dublin.
    Please post if you find something you really like though :)

Yeah, the fistikli baklava looked delicious.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Is there anywhere in Dublin where you can get Tantuni?

• Advertisement

ebjarrell wrote:

There's a shop at the mosque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Brasros wrote: »
    There's a shop at the mosque.

The mosque has a nice shop and decent cantine. It is very good value, nice area/building and very family oriented.

We like going there (we are not muslim, just in case anyone is wondering).

Turkish food... We lived in The Netherlands years ago and the offer there is phenomenal (baklava, lahmacun, etc) In Ireland there is a few ok places but the quality is nowhere near.

Having said that, ethnic food in general is improving rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Most of the Asian shops sell baclava, good quality and reasonable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

There's no decent Turkish food here. Is anyone familiar with the Turkish areas in Dalston/Green Lanes in London? One after another, amazing Turkish restaurants with massive platters of various meats from the BBQ. God I miss that about London. And so cheap too. If they ever tried the likes here it would be at least twice as expensive.

This is what I'm talking about, from Gokyuzu, Green Lanes...

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/a4/90/ff/gokyuzu-restaurant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

There's no decent Turkish food here. Is anyone familiar with the Turkish areas in Dalston/Green Lanes in London? One after another, amazing Turkish restaurants with massive platters of various meats from the BBQ. God I miss that about London. And so cheap too. If they ever tried the likes here it would be at least twice as expensive.

This is what I'm talking about, from Gokyuzu, Green Lanes..,

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/a4/90/ff/gokyuzu-restaurant.jpg

Yes; know Green Lanes well. B-line each time in London.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Chinasea wrote: »
    Yes; know Green Lanes well. B-line each time in London.

I've never tasted BBQ food as good as the Turks do it. For all this Meat Liquor and Meat Wagon garbage that they sell for ridiculously inflated prices...
    I think it's about £25 for an enourmous platter that feeds 4 people, with lots of salad and bread on the side. God I gotta go back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

ebjarrell wrote: »
    While browsing Pinterest and looking at pics of Jordan, I stumbled across some Turkish treats that look awesome. Is there anywhere in Dublin that may serve up fistikli baklava and proper Turkish Delight?
    I too am interested

Advertisement