Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maam river fishing

• 24-07-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi thinkin to go fishing on Maam River (incl. Bealnabrack, Joyce’s and Failmore Rivers) did i need any fishing permits other than state salmon licence??. Checkt already many webpages and i found is fishing regarded as free on these rivers. I found few streams on googlemaps and they look so awesome, and just wonder to know can i fish there?? Or these waters belongs to somebody.
    Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mmunio33 wrote: »
    Hi thinkin to go fishing on Maam River (incl. Bealnabrack, Joyce’s and Failmore Rivers) did i need any fishing permits other than state salmon licence??. Checkt already many webpages and i found is fishing regarded as free on these rivers. I found few streams on googlemaps and they look so awesome, and just wonder to know can i fish there?? Or these waters belongs to somebody.
    Thanks..

Fishing is regarded as free, but you need landowner permission to access the river. Note the Maam River is flyfishing only from September 1st. As it is a spawning river local clubs and IFI recommend catch-and-release here.

Advertisement