Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera

Options
  • 24-07-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

I live in the "wood"
    Having a chat with a neighbour recently she mentioned that she had spotted a guy with a camera taking pictures of the houses on our row from across the road..she confronted him and asked him to stop and he said he was from sky and was conducting a survey on behalf of sky tv....
    Does anybody know if sky conducts these type of surveys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

Maudi wrote: »
    I live in the "wood"
    Having a chat with a neighbour recently she mentioned that she had spotted a guy with a camera taking pictures of the houses on our row from across the road..she confronted him and asked him to stop and he said he was from sky and was conducting a survey on behalf of sky tv....
    Does anybody know if sky conducts these type of surveys?

You could ask on the Sky Ireland board? Seems doubtful, unless they're targeting those customers who only have dishes on the front of their homes for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could ask on the Sky Ireland board? Seems doubtful, unless they're targeting those customers who only have dishes on the front of their homes for some reason?

I thought you were not allowed have dishes installed on the front of your premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Just wondering why someone would confront another taking photos of houses?
    Maybe a little unusual but not illegal afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Cerco wrote: »
    Just wondering why someone would confront another taking photos of houses?
    Maybe a little unusual but not illegal afaik.

If you were in your own house and looked out your living room window to see a man with a camera taking pictures of yours and neighbours houses you wouldnt be curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Maudi wrote: »
    If you were in your own house and looked out your living room window to see a man with a camera taking pictures of yours and neighbours houses you wouldnt be curious?

Of course. I would.
    There could be many legitimate reasons why someone would take photos.

Perhaps I misunderstood the tone of your post from use of the term "confront" .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Why would anyone get so excited about someone taking pictures of houses?

Epic thread title btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

This happened in our estate yesterday (not in Charlesland). A guy in a small white micra type car stops suddenly, hops out, takes 2 or 3 photos of what appeared to be either our drive or the neighbours drive, hops back in car and drives off. Been racking my brains as to why. He'd get just about the same pics on Google maps !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

Did either of the posters here manage to get the 'photographers' vehicle reg no? If you did, why not alert your community Garda? There could be a perfectly innocent explanation and if so, no harms been done, on the other hand there might be something more untoward afoot and if this is the case, then the gardai being in possession of a suspect registration numbed naught be the break they need!

It does seem just ever so strange behaviour, according to the two posters who've shared their stories, so worth thinking about informing the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Can you take a picture of the photo taker?

So next time someone is standing there taking photos of your house simply start taking photos of them, their car whatever.

That could be useful to the authorities if there's something sinister.

degsie wrote: »
    Why would anyone get so excited about someone taking pictures of houses?

Epic thread title btw.

Are you excited at the thought of taking pictures of houses? (Weird) nobody else mentioned being" excited.".as parents..yes ..people are "concerned" when strangers turn up un announced and start taking pictures..(kinda feel i shouldnt have to explain this to you..)

• Advertisement

Did either of the posters here manage to get the 'photographers' vehicle reg no? If you did, why not alert your community Garda? There could be a perfectly innocent explanation and if so, no harms been done, on the other hand there might be something more untoward afoot and if this is the case, then the gardai being in possession of a suspect registration numbed naught be the break they need!

It does seem just ever so strange behaviour, according to the two posters who've shared their stories, so worth thinking about informing the authorities.
    Sky have been so far very helpful.are investigating and have not come up with a reason why any of their contractors would be taking pics of houses..

Advertisement